Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
GERMANY THANKS BRITISH VETERAN
Post GERMANY THANKS BRITISH VETERAN 
My Legion Extra arrived this morning.Makes good reading.
An article on page 2 caught my interest, bottom right >>>>>

First I will say good luck to the man, he earned it.
It leaves me wondering if he will be allowed to wear it, being a "Foreign Medal"
or will a group of ********* in Whitehall think up another rule just for him.

Phredd

It leaves me wondering if he will be allowed to wear it, being a "Foreign Medal"

And that is, as the Yanks would say "the $64,000 question".....I'll lay even money that 'it will not be policed, but that he would offer a grievous insult to Her Majesty if he wears it'......any takers???

Quote:

And that is, as the Yanks would say "the $64,000 question".....I'll lay even money that 'it will not be policed, but that he would offer a grievous insult to Her Majesty if he wears it'......any takers???

Oooo ... that award will get right up the nose of the HD Committee and the suits who tell them what to think!

Eddie Grenfell fought those civil servants long and hard for recognition of those who served on the Arctic Convoys. His case for a wearable medal was rejected by the suits and by the PM Tony "who?" Blurr. They gave the lads an emblem instead. It beggars belief just how much buttock-clenching mean-spiritedness can be shown by so few to so many.

Or does it ... ? Do you remember these two articles?

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Portsmouth_Today_24052004.doc

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Portsmouth_Today_26052004.doc

Barry

PS We have Eddie Grenfell's support in our campaign!

Oooo ... that award will get right up the nose of the HD Committee and the suits who tell them what to think!

But will they be publicly described as being 'disaffected'??

Post German Medal 
Unfortunately Commander Grenfell is no doubt a genuine (not like us!) Retired Civil Servant and the 1969 Rules Part A apply to him as stated in Section 14 and the bit in Section 6 - five year rule - also applies to him, plus their Long Standing Principles and the London Gazette of 1968, are against his being allowed to receive or wear this medal BUT...no doubt him being a member of the elite he will be allowed to receive and wear this medal, and I thoroughly agree in this case. No doubt his case will be judged on the merits of the case, with the medal not
causing proliferation of medals, not breaching the criteria laid down and considered not to be against the integrity of the medals system. Wear it with pride, Sir, we are not allowed to wear ours, just yet!

This is a EC medal and are we not now ruled by the EC Parliament, are we not all citizens of the EC.
This could be a FOI question to ask the FCO.

This is a EC medal and are we not now ruled by the EC Parliament, are we not all citizens of the EC.
This could be a FOI question to ask the FCO.

Yes Paul, and we are protected by Article 8 of the Human Rights Act.
We are also members of the Commonwealth - the Foreign Office is actually the Foreign and Commonwealth Office but again they discriminate against British citizens by dishing out special treatment for us alone.
Brengun and his gang are compounding discrimination and breach of human rights and democratic rights against we British citizens in the case of the non-wearing of the PJM and the day beckons when they will be unable to hide behind their cloak of secrecy and will have to face their opponents.

When you read the rest of the page it is easy to see that Mr Twigg has set up a nice little empire for himself:-
First we had the 'Vets' badge.
Followed by the 'MN Vets' badge.
Now we have the 'Spitfire Womens' badge
then the people who served in the 'Land Army'
and now we have the 'Bevin Boys'
WHO's NEXT ??????
Not saying that those above did not earn them or that they do not deserve them. ( I have Vets & MN Vets), they do.
I am saying that our Mr Twigg will get a lot of glory from them.

Said me bit
Phredd

Post Topic moved 
This Topic has been moved to the On-Topic Forum because it refers to that indefatigable supporter of veterans ... Commander Eddie Grenfell ... who also supports the PJM case in the knowledge of the contempt and deceit to which he was subjected a couple of years ago when fighting for the Arctic Veterans.

It is here under "Civil Servants, Role of"

Post Disaffected 
Here we go again... and why am I not surprised.

I have this picture in my mind of some poor unfortunate merchant seaman, ship sunk from under him, covered in oil, which was bound for our Russian allies, either chocking to death on the oil, freezing to death in the water, or, if the oil happened to be on fire, getting burnt to death. I suppose drowning might also be considered a slight hazard in this case. In all of this, poor sod is required to keep a cheery disposition, just in case some prat described him as disaffected.

I rest my case

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1