Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
A New member
Ivor and Budgie....

Just to ensure that you are kept 'in the picture'.....the official motto of the Fight4 Association is, as emblazoned on our lapel badge (see link)...'Pingat Kami - Hak Kami'....which, for those whose Bahasa Melayu is no longer 'up to snuff', translates as 'Our medal - Our right'.....A slight variance in semantics perhaps but a sentiment identical to your own suggested motto nonetheless.....

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/fight4thepjm_lapel_pin_FULLONSALE.htm
Regards

Oops Sorry my friends, still learning the ropes, as Jock quite rightly said, better stick to the official motto,

On a lighter note, I am still trying to find out who the bugger was in B Coy 2nd Queens Regiment while at Kota Ballod training threw a thunder flash down tha latrines, while six of us were carring out our daily ablutions, it adds a whole new meaning to -up to your a-- in muck and bullets

Take Care my Friends and stay safe

Ivor

Ivor, do you mean 1 Q.O.Buffs at Paradise Camp?

John

[quote="jireland"]Ivor, do you mean 1 Q.O.Buffs at Paradise Camp?

John[/quote
Thanks John- We had it drummed into us that we are now a Queensmen and Not Buffs so much that I forgot, we never became Queensmen until our return from Borneo-to Hong Kong.
My only excuse is that in three short years I went from being a Royal West Kent-to a Queens Own Buff to a Queensman.

Were you a Buff John?

Please take care and Stay Safe

Ivor

[quote="jireland"]Ivor, do you mean 1 Q.O.Buffs at Paradise Camp?

John[/quote
Thanks John- We had it drummed into us that we are now a Queensmen and Not Buffs so much that I forgot, we never became Queensmen until our return from Borneo-to Hong Kong.
My only excuse is that in three short years I went from being a Royal West Kent-to a Queens Own Buff to a Queensman.

Were you a Buff John?

Please take care and Stay Safe

Ivor

John

Yes I was in my first hitch in the Kate

John

What a small world we live in John, in that case you must like I went to British Guiana. I was in the Signal Platoon under Capt Cole, and remained in the Signal Platoon all my army service until 1972, after two years on the streets of N Ireland that was enough, I now run my own little firm.

Take Care my Friend and stay safe

Ivor

Post Ivor 
Might be a bit late in saying welcome to the cause and can assure you that Barry, Paul, Gerry and Jock do all that is possible, and a marvellous job they do.
I and my husband like some of the others received our medals at the MHC in 2006 and always wear them with pride on any parade etc and will continue to do so!! We are entitled to.
Well done with what you have done so far and hope you carry on for a long time to come.
Smile

Lennie.....thank you for the generous words.....very much appreciated!....It would be remiss of me if I did not clarify (and I know that Barry, Paul and Gerry will agree) .....our organizing committee is not merely composed of the 4 members mentioned...we have, in addition, another 4 stalwarts, all of whom have been equally responsible in promoting the cause .....if you should care to go to:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/competitions_F4_mugshots.htm

you will understand that they are JohnC (Cooper), John F(Feltham) Andy Nicholl & Hamish Waters.....all great guys and true comrades.....and widely reputed to be the 4 best looking of the bunch...or so they tell me...

Regards....

you will understand that they are JohnC (Cooper), John F(Feltham) Andy Nicholl & Hamish Waters.....all great guys and true comrades.....and widely reputed to be the 4 best looking of the bunch...or so they tell me...

Awe, shucks mate!

'Jock' Fenton wrote:

Awe, shucks mate!

And very true. Andy.

Post Missed Presentation 
Hi,
maybe some one has info that could help me.
My wife got a call last Tuesday that I would be presented with my PJM on Thursday[yesterday] at Motherwell Concert Hall. Unfortunately she had no contact number. Because of the short notice and an unbreakable commitment I was unable to attend. I phoned the concert hall manager's office at the time of the presentation, but was unable to speak to the ceremony organiser. I supplied my details and asked if medal could be posted on to me. I was told they would pass the request on. If I should not hear anything, does anyone know the next step I should take?
Thanks in advance, Ed

Try phoning Fred Burden if you do not have the number look in your pm box on this web page, I have placed it there.
Paul

Post Re: Missed Presentation 
Ed wrote:
Hi,
maybe some one has info that could help me.
My wife got a call last Tuesday that I would be presented with my PJM on Thursday[yesterday] at Motherwell Concert Hall. Unfortunately she had no contact number. Because of the short notice and an unbreakable commitment I was unable to attend. I phoned the concert hall manager's office at the time of the presentation, but was unable to speak to the ceremony organiser. I supplied my details and asked if medal could be posted on to me. I was told they would pass the request on. If I should not hear anything, does anyone know the next step I should take?
Thanks in advance, Ed

Ed,

The organiser of this PJM Presentation is a chap in Blackpool, I think his name is Mike Warren but I am not too sure. He was doing it on behalf of the nmbva and Fred Burden so your best bet is to contact Fred at the nmbva as Paul has already suggested. Andy.

Thanks for info Andy, Paul gave me Fred's number and Jock gave me a contact number at MHC. I phoned and spoke to a gent who told there would be no more presentations for a year and to write then as medals would not be sent by post. I will phone Fred tonight.
Waired this long so whats another year eh?
Cheers, Ed

A fond hello to all the members who are fighting fo the PJM and congratulations to all that have received the medal. I am waiting patiently for mine to arrive. Can any of the members tell me in what order they are issued.

I am now over 70 years of age and don't know how many more rememberance parades I will be able to attend so it would be nice to be able to wear it on what could be my last parade.

Keep up the good fight
Regards
Bill Manning ex Kuala Lumpur

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next