Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PASC Committee meeting
Post Proliferation of medals 
I am somewhat confused by this particular term, when a great many of those entitled to the PJM, have no other medals.

Question 1, How many medals make up a proliferation. Is it 1 or 2 or more.

Question 2. If you have a medal (PJM) and not allowed to officially wear it, is that a proliferation.

Question 3. Having a medal and not not being allowed to wear it, will devalue the currency of medals.

Ok Pete. Get your arse down here with an S156 and get the straight jackets out. I'll put them on your loan list.

I feel confident that you will know instinctively where to use them.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Proliferation 
Thereby hangs the tail Pete.

Your rationalisation of terrorists funding our troops against them is sheer genius stuff. I shall be putting your name forward for an MBE, or would you prefer some other bit of tinsel. OBE, KBE, KGB.

Now ask yourself, just how many laptop computers with Mega secret stuff on them have been lost by the civil serpents. After all, three have been found on the London underground, several in cabs, untold on buses and planes. A few have even been handed into newspapaer offices... no mention of how much money exchanged hands over those particular finds.

Check the internet if you have any doubts as to the veracity of the claim.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3906055.stm

Yours Aye

Arthur

ME DOUBT YOUR WORD ARTHUR,,,,,,,,,,,,,NEVER. WE HAVE THREE LAPTOPS IN THE HOUSE ,ALL HONOURABLY FUNDED, THERE'S PETE'S (STUCK CAPSLOCK Exclamation ) JULIE'S ,(C-IN -C), MY GIRLS. WHICH IS A SERIOUSLY SAD WAY OF GETTING PJM IN THE SCRIPT,AND THEREFORE,DOESN'T CONTRAVENE TEXT RULES,,, EH B? AS FOR AWARDS, I DON'T THINK SOME OF THE ONE'S YOU MENTION HAVE ANY VALUE IN FIRST PLACE, WOULDN'T MIND A TRICORN HAT FOR WHEN MISSUS AND I TAKE OUR CANADIAN CANOE OUT.

Post PROLIFERATION 
PROLIFERATION

GOOD LORD!

An extract from the summing up speech by Dr Kim Howells, FCO Minister for the Middle East replying on behalf of HMG.

“The British honours system— I am told — has a long history of recognising meritorious service and of preserving the integrity of Crown servants. It guards against something that the HD committee calls medal proliferation—a very interesting term. The committee should go to some of the countries that I go to occasionally if it wants to see medal proliferation. I understand that the tradition has been upheld by numerous reviews”.

Below are named the Honours and Awards conferred upon one person:

Companion of the Bath – CB – 1997
Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath – KCB – 2003
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath – GCB – 2007

Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order – LVO – 1981 – 84
Commander of the Royal Victorian Order – CVO – 1994
Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order – KCVO – 1998
Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order - GCVO – 2007

Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan – 2005
Saskatchewan Distinguished Service Award
25th Anniversary Medal – Independence of State of Antigua and Barbuda – 2007
Companion of the Queen’s Service Order (NZ) – 2008
Life Peerage; 10 October 2007

Perhaps Honours and Awards, unlike Medals and Emblems, are exempted from being classified as proliferate by the “military wanting to restrict the display of medals to avoid devaluing the currency”? It would appear that there is no objection from the Civil Service (as opposed to the ‘military’) of the proliferation of MBE’s, OBE’s and other such Honours and Awards, with ‘realm’ or foreign medals awarded to junior civil servants, especially those occupying positions in the offices of the various ceremonial departments senior civil servants, in particular those who double as members of the HD committee.

Obviously, Four *Knighthoods would not seem to “devalue the currency”. (Two of which are in fact promotions within an order).

It is difficult not to agree with the PASC of 2004, that there are a number of problems which need to be addressed. I believe, urgently, in the 21st Century!

'automatic' honours for senior civil servants and diplomats simply for doing their job "create a sense of unfairness and undermine the credibility of the system";

• the use of honours as tools of political management by No 10 and others is seen as casting suspicion on the whole system;

• the machinery for making recommendations for honours lacks independence, with civil servants too prominent and too few outsiders;

We have been accused of not being deferential or grateful; it should come as no surprise that I, and possibly many of us campaigners, regard the denial of permission to “formally wear” the PJM, as a sick joke!

G MAN,CAN I TREAT THIS AS A COMPETITION? GO ON, IS IT,IS IT. SAH Smile SAH Surprised SAH Very Happy SAH Shocked SNOTTY 'KIN JANVRIN? PITY WITH ALL THAT HARDWARE ON ONE SIDE,HE DON'T LIST TO PORT,AND GO ARSE UP,WITH LUCK HE WOULD THEN WASH UP ON THE SOUTH COAST,WHERE HE COULD PERFORM A USEFUL PUBLIC SERVICE,AS A CYCLE RACK . Wink

I thought that it was a civil service boat trip that had sunk when I saw in the papers that thousands of planks had been washed up on the south coast!

John

Post PROLIFERATION 
I OFFER NO APOLOGIES FOR DISTURBING THE QUIETNESS OF JANUARY!

The attached went off today to the Dr Kim Howells and The Debate supporters:

Post PROLIFERATION 
Acknowledgement just received from Dr Andrew Murrison MP!

[quote="jireland"]I thought that it was a civil service boat trip that had sunk when I saw in the papers that thousands of planks had been washed up on the south coast!

John[/quote]
A,GOOD ANALOGY JOHN,HOWEVER,IT FAILS ON ONE SERIOUS POINT,,,,,,,,HAVE YOU EVER TRIED NAILING A CIVIL SERVANT,,,,, SPECIALLY THE DEADWOOD,FLOTSAM ,AND JETSUM. FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN ABOUT OUR CASE ,WHAT COMES TO THE TOP OF THE OGGIN,DON'T RESEMBLE TIMBER Exclamation

This has to be the best reply ever so I thought that I would share with you all, thank you Terence you made me laugh after a hard day in the orrifice.

John

Ah Terence, you may be right I never thought of it like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

From: TerencemarinesW@aol.com [mailto:TerencemarinesW@aol.com]
Sent: 24 January 2008 18:53
To: jri2272@btconnect.com
Subject: (no subject)

Please jirland............don't insult the planks washed ashore on the South coast.
It is my opinion that they have a better use than any civil serpent !

terencemarinesw @aol.com

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Post PR0LIFERATION Balderdash? 
Smile

Stan, my friend,

Nice; but we're dealing with hawks who are trying to make a monkey out of us. Attack is still the best (perhaps only) form of defence against those who continually use bafflegab and lies by omission to assert their right to withhold our rights to "formally wear" the PJM.

I agree though Stan, if we were dealing with people of integrity and flexibility it would be fine, but I wouldn't waste breath
waiting for them to make the first move! They ignored the requests of two Senior Members of Parliament, indeed, two Ministers who asked the HD committee to reconsider their decision; "The HD Committee members "were not sufficiently exercised by that correspondence to change their minds" - "after being considered carefully - to preserve the integrity of the honours system". The chance that they would change their minds for us; well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Regards,

David

Of course, if it was 'tongue in cheek', then please forgive me.

David

Post PASC Report 
PASC Fifth Report - my email of the 17th January 2008 refers.

Letter from Sally Keeble MP received this am:

Isn't it nice to see all of these MPs on the side of right and might, you guys are doing a fabulous job keeping the pressure on, that reminds me I must send another rocket to the FCO/ICO they haven't had one from me since Friday! Very Happy

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next