Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS
Post Rd to Damascus. 
GLOman, old mate. No criticism intended with my bullit-point of yesterday, just singin' the old refrain as we march along in step.......

Mike.

Post Corrupt MoD official can keep £1.5m 
Who says crime does not pay?

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/whitehall/story/0,,2242887,00.html#article_continue

Hamish

Post Corrupt Whitehall Official 
He will need that £1.5M to buy his peerage when he gets out of jail... a sort of get out of jail card.
I refer to my original letter to Emporor Aartone, when I described the rotten Government as a role model for the young, then it is little wonder that they turn out the same. After all, always follow the example of your betters.... Yeah right! I don't think!

Yours now following the Government's example... here's my fifty quid... now where is my knighthood.

(Sir) Arthur of Brandon... got a nice ring to it don't you think?

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Profiteering 
I didn't think that MoD was ever supposed to make a profit. Ok! I admit with a little bit of pillaging and plundering, there's no way it is ever going to recoup its expenditure.

Yours S126'd

Arthur

Post Re Road to Damascus 
Jock wrote "While I find GLOman's tongue in cheek allegory of Saul's journey to Damascus quite fascinating, I cannot help but assume that those MoD, FCO, Cabinet Office and HD Committee officials with whom we have dealt are firmly committed to a stringently literal interpretation of a very different, small and select, portion of the Scriptures....that of Luke 19:26

Which says:

"For I tell you that to everyone who has, will more be given; but from him who doesn’t have, even that which he has will be taken away from him." "

See the following in The Daily Mail:

Shocked war veterans have been told they must hand back £1.7 million of their pensions after the Ministry of Defence admitted they had been overpaid.

Officials confessed that almost 100 armed forces veterans had received pension overpayments every month due to a bureaucratic error.

The mistake emerged in a review of 49,000 Armed Forces Pension Scheme files.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=509456&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

Hamish

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post ICE 
Stan
I have been using ICE for about 3 years now. All my family have it in thier phones.
It's a great idea.
Never had to use it yet though Laughing
Phredd

Post ROAD TO DAMASCUS 
Reply from Sally Keeble MP. I would have thought a question to the Foreign Minister would be more effective since she had received a reply from Meg Munn. However, has she said , it will keep the pot boiling - WELL DONE SALLY!

Post Re: ROAD TO DAMASCUS 
GLOman wrote:
Reply from Sally Keeble MP. I would have thought a question to the Foreign Minister would be more effective since she had received a reply from Meg Munn. However, has she said , it will keep the pot boiling - WELL DONE SALLY!

........Indeed GLOman....Well done Sally!.....and Well done too, David Dilley, for persistently maintaining campaign pressure via Sally Keeble...

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2