Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DON's DEBATE!! PARLIAMENT TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER!
Post PJM policing,etc. 
Hi Arthur. I hope you are enjoying your two turtle doves, the issue for today....boiled, roasted or stuffed they will ultimately make more sense than any attempt of mine to explain the logic of the suits.

In late August, while you were away on your summer jaunt, McDangle and I along with some 50 vets including two brigadiers wore our PJMs at a well publicised ceremony in Edinburgh. In short, we were thanked by a Malaysian Gvt minister in a public place for what we had done 50 years before.....and not a suit or civil serpent in sight. Can you imagine the stink had there been, with the press there in droves?

No, Arthur, the "something wrong here" is not policing of the medal or the lack of it, but the fact that we are still having to fight firstly to remove the stigma of insult to the Agong and people of Malaysia and secondly to claim our fundamental right to "wear" the PJM which will only come with a written statement.

Enjoy your three French hens tomorrow old chum. MB

Post PJM 
Hi Mike, what concerns me, that someone in unelected authority can make such a banal statement and attempt to get away with it. They must think that we are all totally stupid.

With regard to the Agong, what a slap in the face for the people and the authorities in Malaysia. They have held their heads up high, with dignity, which knowing them, is what we have learned to expect.

My next question is, how long will the good people of Malaysia tolerate the total indifference of the FO and the 'suits', before they take some form of political action in protest., or as I suspect, treat it with the contempt that it richly deserves.

Our hearts went out to those good people, who shared their kindness and generosity with us, all those years ago. We will remember, even if most of the 'suits' who were running around in their shorts at school when we served both countrys', do not.

Mind you, I cannot look another brussel sprout in the eyes for a long time. I've become jet propelled.

Do have a good new year everyone.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Don Touhig's debate 
This really pleased me. I shall communicate with him at this address when I've finished my next piece! I have also had a thank you from Sandra Gidley.

Post Re: Don Touhig's debate 
[quote="GLOman"]This really pleased me. I shall communicate with him at this address when I've finished my next piece! I have also had a thank you from Sandra Gidley.

Great letter, David

Owen

Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6