Halesowen News
Post Halesowen News 
""

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Halesowen News 
StanW wrote:
OK, first the letter I wrote to the Halesowen News last week:

Please feel free to add your comments below:
http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/search/display.var.1819573.0.british_veterans_will_continue_to_fight_for_right_to_wear_pjm.php

Stan,

That summary of your is absolutely brilliant! It says it all. You are clearly on top of your subject and you make telling points very succinctly.

I have placed a comment on that page.

Thanks again for your support at this critical time.

Barry

Well done Stan, strange how thousands of us are all in step but there was always a few out of it and we all know who those people are Confused

Great letter Stan. I have the dubious distinction of having the blessing of the Queen of Australia to wear the PJM but not of the Queen of England since I have dual nationality.

What a farce the civil servants and the HD committee have made of this issue. It is sad to see so many in High Office in the UK who have so little moral fibre or ethics. Will these civil servants still persevere with their ever changing "Imperial Honour" rules and regulations when Scotland gains full independance from rule by the government in England ? Perhaps we should transport the madarins who make these rules for the Imperial Honours system to what is left of the British Empire, to say the Falkland Islands, where they can pontificate over the ever changing medal rules for the term of their natural life.

Hamish

Post Halesowen News. 
Great report Stan.

I have posted my bit and I hope it is okay.

Post Halesown News 
Stan,

My piece is in - first bit contains a few errors, but I hope I made up for it in part 2!

A slightly different angle?

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Halesowen, etc. 
Cracking stuff, Stan!

I note that the two PJMers in the photos are wearing said gong first on their bars......a further two-fingered salute to you know who.

Have added my little shout to the newspaper article.

MB

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Things are not going very well for the MoD at present eh?

dailymail.co.uk wrote:
A leading army figure has quit over the "appalling" and "shoddy" treatment of troops, it was reported today.

Lt Col Tootal, 42, was frustrated at being unable to train men properly due to lack of equipment and was angry at the "shoddy" care injured paras had received at Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham, the paper said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=494617&in_page_id=1770

Stan

Stan,

I do not wish to be pendantic but I would say that things are not going so very well for our armed forces who daily are showing courage and bravery in the most difficult of conditions and in extremely dangerous circumstances. To hell with the Mandarins in the MOD who have created this situation and should be removed immediately.

I'm with mcdangle on this one - I have always believed that 'Loyalty' was a two-way street: but, sadly, not in this case.

Post Current MoD Stance 
When you are up to your arse in alligators, it becomes increasingly difficult to remember, that the initial objective, was to drain the swamp. Something MoD might care to consider in these turbulent times of their own making.

Diversi Ves Hitem

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1