Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Let's Zap'Em
This letter from Ian Pearson DTI/FCO to my MP (Sir Michael Lord) to me received today. So what the hell is the last sentence all about, if 'officially' we can't wear it, these Porridge Gobblers must have lost the plot! Shocked

Post Right lads, heads up bums and whistle! 
That last sentence really says it all.

This letter from Ian Pearson DTI/FCO to my MP (Sir Michael Lord) to me received today. So what the hell is the last sentence all about, if 'officially' we can't wear it, these Porridge Gobblers must have lost the plot!]

John - another belter from these toss-pots.

But this is different to another of IP's letters.

I'd like to think about all these letters. I think it's time to assess them side-by-side. Barry aka admin

Post Pearson. 
Barry aka Admin.

This is great!!! We have the Minister AGAINST Veterans (Don Touhig) saying Her Majesty the Queen has told us we cannot wear the PJM and Pearson is saying it is up to us to decide whether we wear it or not. If Her Maj had uttered a command I doubt if Pearson would have countermanded it in this way sooooooo Touhig is at the porkie pies. All good lever stuff.

So the simple yet unanswerable question remains......WHO SAID WE COULD NOT FORMALY WEAR THE PJM?
Will nobody have the guts to put their hands up?

Bob Bryant

Without going through all the posts again, I think it was George F that hit the nail on the head when he said that under the FoI Act you could not get info on the Queen or other members of the Royal Family, I stand to be corrected on this. But if it was on advice TO the Queen from the HD Committee on a 'non wearing rule' then I should think we ought to be able to get this info but how, does anyone know?

I shall pen more letters to the VA and also the HD Committee but I need time to compose myself, having had two heart attacks, defribillated twice and a By Pass op these Bastards get my blood curdling. So I have to curtail my anger somewhat, so hang in there............. Wink

Bob

Without going through all the posts again, I think it was George F that hit the nail on the head when he said that under the FoI Act you could not get info on the Queen or other members of the Royal Family, I stand to be corrected on this. But if it was on advice TO the Queen from the HD Committee on a 'non wearing rule' then I should think we ought to be able to get this info but how, does anyone know?

I shall pen more letters to the VA and also the HD Committee but I need time to compose myself, having had two heart attacks, defribillated twice and a By Pass op these Bastards get my blood curdling. So I have to curtail my anger somewhat, so hang in there............. Wink
Quote:

John,

I am the culprit. I checked the Freedom of Information Act after being told by Ian 'wear it if you like' Pearson, and it says Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family are exempt from the Act, but be my guest and keep probing. The more the merrier.

Thanks Andy, I knew someone had, there is so much info on here not even the 'search facility' could find it for me

Post The Royals 
I have sent a message to HRH Duke of Edinburgh on web site www.royal.gov.uk click on the contact us button.
I have appealed to him as a Naval Officer about the honour of wearing medals and remembering those who did not return.

Post Re: The Royals 
Paul Alders wrote:
I have sent a message to HRH Duke of Edinburgh on web site www.royal.gov.uk click on the contact us button. ... I have appealed to him as a Naval Officer about the honour of wearing medals and remembering those who did not return.

Great one, Paul. Let's hope that you get a response. Barry

Post Royal Website 
Don't hold your breath I sent an email to the royal website 15 february protesting the decision about the wearing of the PJM and the hypocrisy of the whole handling of the issue. No reply to date. I also wrote to major newspapers in Oz during Blair's visit in an effort to embarrass him, however the Commonwealth Games closing ceromony and his dribble on Iraq seemed to occupy the media columns. I am inspired however by the tenacity and skills of contributors to the fight, particularly in the quality of correspondence, research, political expertise and finally the support of all the contributors to this site. Gosh I'm glad I'm on the same side as all of you because I reckon someone will eventually cop it.

Post TONY THE pm 
Yesterday Tues 11th April I tried to send a message on the Downing Street web site to the PM and on the the subject section I typed in PJM MEDAL and it would just not accept my message.
TODAY; I typed in HM the Queen, my message went through????????????????????
Now I do hope that they are blocking messages about the PJM, because if they are, WE ARE GETTING TO THEM.
We will fight them on the web site. We will fight them in the mail. We will never surrender.

Post Re: Royal Website 
IvorJ wrote:
Don't hold your breath I sent an email to the royal website 15 february protesting the decision about the wearing of the PJM and the hypocrisy of the whole handling of the issue. No reply to date. I also wrote to major newspapers in Oz during Blair's visit in an effort to embarrass him, however the Commonwealth Games closing ceromony and his dribble on Iraq seemed to occupy the media columns. I am inspired however by the tenacity and skills of contributors to the fight, particularly in the quality of correspondence, research, political expertise and finally the support of all the contributors to this site. Gosh I'm glad I'm on the same side as all of you because I reckon someone will eventually cop it.

Great to hear from you again IvorJ. I think the support for this campaign is brilliant - from everyone, from everywhere.

The campaign should succeed because the recommendation was wrong. It was wrong in detail, and it was wrong in principle.

Post Re: TONY THE pm 
Paul Alders wrote:
Yesterday Tues 11th April I tried to send a message on the Downing Street web site to the PM and on the the subject section I typed in PJM MEDAL and it would just not accept my message.

Hi Paul,

Try again. There are two boxes. You have to select "Other issues" in the top box, before you can enter PJM Medal in the second box. Then click GO and off you, err ... go.

If anybody else would like to join Paul, here is the page http://www.number10.gov.uk/output/page821.asp

Go on ... drop him a line ... I think he is more likely to support you than anybody else in Government other than John "man-of-the-people" Reid.

All you have to suggest is that his neighbour at No. 11 can't have a beef with the PJM cos it won't cost the Exchequer anything.

Post TONY THE pm 
Barry,
I know there are two boxes and I did it exactly has you have said and I have sent messages before, but yesterday it just would not go through and I did try many times?
But please everyone put a message on the GOVT. web site this weekend they don't get back to work until next wed, it could take them hours to clear the back log.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next