Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Labour's secret plans to slash the Navy
Post PJM latest. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Zapper at the high port! 
This Topic has nothing to do with the PJM other than to highlight how Whitehall works - something that PJMers have experienced (see the MoD Oracle article at http://www.modoracle.com/news/Malaya-Veterans-Defiant-Over-Medals_14511.html?category=21).

I'll leave these three posts for 24 hours to give the parties time to respond if they want to.

Admin

John

I'm fed up.

I don't see why, Tony (although I appreciate that everyone is a bit fed up about how the RN is being treated). As a result of positive lobbying such as yours (rather than wasteful politicking), we have achieved brilliant exposure in the press this weekend. The suits are a tad depressing - but they always are.

I've zapped the inappropriate (i.e. not relevant to the PJM) posts in this Topic. The Topic will be deleted tomorrow. I was once accused of not being even-handed when I zapped a Topic without a by-your-leave!

Thanks for your ongoing and positive and practical support.

All the best,

Admin

Last edited by StanW on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin wrote:
Kentsboro wrote:
I'm fed up.

As a result of positive lobbying such as yours (rather than wasteful politicking)

Sorry, I don't get it admin.

Stan,

I referred to "wasteful politicking" - as opposed to relevant political lobbying.

I have to read every post and I have seen many where contributors are "politicking" on issues not relevant to the PJM. That is "wasteful".

We need people to politick on PJM issues. We will only win if we win the political will for change amongst politicians - the MoD told me that. We've done that amongst Conservative, Liberal and SNP etc, but not amongst Labour politicians. There are exceptions - two brilliant MPs, Don Touhig (staunch supporter of British veterans) and Ian Pearson (new convert but a critical one because he has done a U-turn having made the flawed Statment in the first place.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1