Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
PJM on parade?

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Marching Appeal.....wearing the PJM. 
Stan.

In these days of PC everything I dare say it would be a good thing to warn the "pointy hats" that a parade will be going down a certain road on a certain "significant date" FOR A BLOODY GOOD REASON. Remember to march smartly in column of three abreast and break step if you cross a bridge......As taught Circa 1954 by RSMs Brittain and Brown at Mons and Buller Barracks, Aldershot.

MB

Post PJM's 
A slight swerve from the vein of this topic but!!Last Saturday I attended a Regimental Reunion Dinner in Stockport when prior to the 'Call to dine' I was approached by one of my old Officers from Singapore."I see you have your Malayasian Gong,where's mine?" he asked?"Do you want one sir?" he replied in the usual Rupert manner "Of course I do man"Now fellas this was my chance,"Sir after all those years of you telling me what to do well Sir now its my turn listen to me"I duly and respectfully asked if I could help him in his application,"Erm..yes please"It just so happened I had some application forms with me,I then instructed him (me telling a rupert how to fill in a form?)on the proceedure,When I asked him if he would wear it."OF COURSE I WILL STUFF THE MOD"I always liked that man,even better now.Now we have another 'Officer and Gentleman'on side. Laughing

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post PJM and spurs. 
Stan.

Don't forget to write a letter to Santa. Come Christmas morning I'll raise a glass to you, and have a vision of you with the PJM on your PJ top and spurs on your carpet slippers. Great stuff!

Mike.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2