Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
PJM on parade?
Post PJM on parade? 
Just a thought but wouldn't it be reet grand if for 2007 ALL the PJemmers could parade at Whitehall on the Remberance day Parade?
Talk about the 'bowmans salute'to all those suits who continously put obstacles in our way.
Just a thought. Arrow (I know its this way to the tower...CLANG!!!mind me fingers)[/b]

Post The first sighting of PJM's on parade 
Lennie Brooks was a nurse at Changi and her husband, Ray, was in Ipoh with the Sherwood Foresters. I had the pleasure of meeting them both at the Malaysian High Commission when they each received their PJM's. They recently attended a Burma Star service at Guildford and they proudly wore their new medals. They received favourable attention - not one single member of the Secret Medal Police approached them. Congratulations to both for defying the "ban". This is the stuff of which we veterans are made.
Gerry

Post PJM On Parade 
Wonderful idea....But would the R.B.L. Allow it...I doubt it...But I am up for it.....
Terry........

Post PJM on Parade 
But we are told that, although we have not been given formal permission to wear, there is no law being broken if we do. Now I have a lot of respect for the RBL and the wotk that they do, but they do not have any legal powers to prevent anyone from wearing a medal.
GerryL

Well I'm wearing mine on parade and I am leading it!!!

John
Vice Chairman Wiltshire RBL & Chairman Calne Branch

Post Get on Parade !!! 
OK fellow PJM'ers.

Let's make this the biggest posting in the history of this superb site.

Who is wearing their PJM (or replica if they are still waiting for their rightful award) at the 11th hour,of the 11th day of the 11th month (and other Acts of Rememberance)

The medal you have Her Majesties permission to wear !!!

John Rushton is.

Last edited by Semengo13 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.
Post 11-11-07 
John R,

I definitely AM!
Cool

Post AND AT WESTMINSTER ABBEY 
I know there will be some PJM's on parade at the Field of Remembrance Opening Ceremony on Thursday 8th November. My wife Kathy (Ex Nursing Sister RAF CHANGI HOSPITAL) has been chosen to be the Representative for the PMRAFNS. And I will be the Representative for the Far East Veterans Association on Plot 128.
Maybe someone might want a double photo opportunity ? Now where did I put those PJM's for safe keeping ?

MIKE OSTLER
(Ex RAF Borneo)

I and some of my colleagues will at Duxford on that date at that time

Lest we forget...............

Post Re: PJM On Parade 
revellt wrote:
But would the R.B.L. Allow it.

Yes.

The RBL unanimously and formally support the wear of the PJM and are campaigning for that right (primarily thanks to the efforts of John Ireland).

The Medal is worn by The Queens Bodyguard of the Yeoman of The Guard who are always present on formal, uniformed, days when The Queen is present.

It has been worn at Buck House.

Then there is the London Gazette - and dada da da ... the MoD, FCO, and Cabinet Office have said that despite all their pronouncements, they see no reason why you shouldn't (I paraphrase but I don't care).

The bottom line is that it is down to the Queen ... and she has not said you cannot wear it. Even the Cabinet Office will confirm that!

Barry

Post Wearing of the PJM 
Gentlemen,

Twisted Evil

If I remember rightly, Mr R.T.Coney, Honours 1, MOD DS Sec, in a letter, wrote that the Queen had not refused permission to wear the PJM but had not 'granted' (us) permission to wear it ?????????????????!.

You may remember Mr Coney, he was the gentlemen who quoted the dictionary to one of our members, and defined, keepsake and souvenir whilst denying that the word trinket had ever been used, forgetting, of course to mention cereal boxes!

Last edited by GLOman on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
How I wish it were possible for me to participate in any one of the parades mentioned in the preceding posts...Regardless, you may all be assured that 'Jock' Fenton will be marching with you, if not in body, most certainly in spirit.

As is my long-standing custom, I shall personally demonstrate my solidarity with the aims of Remembrance Day by going out of my way to purchase a Poppy from every single veteran I encounter vending them...this always results in my accumulating a lapel filled with Poppies over the course of a couple of weeks...and receiving odd glances from some Canadian Legion members when, despite that, I insist upon purchasing yet another.

To my Fight4 comrades leading the Remembrance Day parades and to all those following them, I say...Wear your PJM with pride! (and perhaps just a little extra swagger.)

Post Re: Wearing of the PJM 
GLOman wrote:
Gentlemen,

Twisted Evil

If I remember rightly, Mr R.T.Coney, Honours 1, MOD DS Sec, in a letter, wrote that the Queen had not refused permission to wear the PJM but had not 'granted' (us) permission to wear it!

You may remember Mr Coney, he was the gentlemen who quoted the dictionary to one of our members, and defined, keepsake and souvenir whilst denying that the word trinket had ever been used, forgetting, of course to mention cereal boxes!

That quote from Coney was to myself, I must add that whilst he stated Keepsake and Souvenir I erroneously added TRINKET in my reply, in which the latter he corrected me on, I withdrew the remark and apologised on that word alone, 'twas very shortly after on a subsequent reply that I received my prestigious ASBO from Mr Ian Keith who decided as head honcho that there would be no further communication between the MoD and myself.

That really worries me as that is two separate issues that I have now been 'warned' over and barred from contacting the MoD, there is now a third in the pending tray!

We'll be thinking of you Jock. If we see one of those "Poppy Men" , sorry persons, that are featured in the current RBL adverts, we can safely assume it is you then Jock. Very Happy

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=newsdetail&asset_id=517318

Kuching.
Nice one John!.......thanks for the link....I didn't know of this RBL initiative....but it's most appropriate...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next