Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Grieving families call for legal aid to fight MoD
Post Grieving families call for legal aid to fight MoD 
See the following article in The Independant:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article3058902.ece

Hamish

Extracted quotes from a portion of this article.....it doesn't require a Philadelphia lawyer to notice the striking similarity in this lady's assessment of the MoD to that which we PJM'ers have evolved regarding our own experience.....

Quote:
Mrs Lawrence said: "Prior to the inquest the MoD was very obstructive and almost pointing a finger at my son. It doesn't matter how much anybody suffers as long as they look blameless." Her MP, the Conservative Roger Gale, added: "The state uses our money to represent itself. The families of the bereaved have no recourse to legal representation
."

Post MOD 
Jock,

How right you are! Spot on! Obfuscation, lies by omission, secrecy; its all there!

Regards

David

Post Obfuscation, etc. 
Friends of the F4.

I have a close friend who is a QC in the UK and a Judge within his own field over le Manche, or whatever. He has offered advice to us on the QT in the past, and....no names no pack-drill.....simply says......find your appropriate ombudsman.

MB.

Ensuring that our Armed Forces have the equipment they need is one of our top priorities. We spend around six billion pounds a year on equipping our forces. The Urgent Operational Requirement process is a well-developed route for commanders on the ground to request new or additional military equipment and get it to the front line: this process has delivered and continues to do so. As the Secretary of State for Defence, Des Browne, made clear on 22 January 2007, no urgent requests for operational equipment have been turned down on financial grounds. Indeed, over £700m of Urgent Operational Requirements for Force Protection have been approved for Afghanistan and Iraq in response to the specific conditions and changing threat in theatre. The business of delivering Urgent Operational Requirements is the highest priority of the MOD's Equipment Capability area, taking precedence over other procurement activity - all those involved fully appreciate the crucial nature of this work.

We also attach very high priority to improving living conditions and quality of life for Service Personnel. As part of this, we are committed to the provision of good quality, sustainable, fairly priced, publicly-funded accommodation to meet the needs of Service personnel and their families.

Last year, we upgraded some 1,705 Service family houses, which exceeded our target of 600, and in the current financial year we have a target to upgrade 1,200 houses, towards which we are making good progress, with a further 900 next year.

This financial year, a total of more than £700m will be spent on accommodation, of which more than £500m relates to the maintenance and improvement of accommodation. Over £5bn will be spent on service accommodation over the next decade.

We also aim to provide first-class medical care on the front line and in our field hospitals on deployed operations in the most challenging of circumstances and surroundings. Our medical staff, when not saving lives and treating casualties on operation in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, are able to keep up with the latest advances on a day-to-day basis in NHS hospitals across the UK.

We fully appreciate the importance of continuing to feel part of the military family. This is why at Selly Oak Hospital, the primary reception hospital for operational casualties, there are increased numbers of military nurses and a new military managed ward which reached Initial Operating Capability just before Christmas 2006. The Military Managed Ward is located in the main body of Selly Oak Hospital and provides clinical care, by a combined team of military and civilian personnel, for military patients whose clinical condition allows for them to be nursed in this ward. Where military patients need elective hospital treatment, the MOD pays NHS Trusts to speed up their treatment if there is an operational need.

We have also reconfigured our mental health services in line with best practice to provide community based mental health care, backed up by inpatient care provided by the Priory Group. Our model for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment meets the standards set by the independent National Institute for Health

Sounds like political spin and cover your a**se statements to me. Rgds Rob...

Read the Government's response -

Just did. And I'm not impressed.

"Goverrnment's response" to what? Certainly not to the issue raised in this Topic.

Your quote is exactly what HMG's popaganda machine hopes to achieve ... their spin, adopted by your spin that directs attention away from the truth, away from people's deeply held grievances.

So let's get back to the main issue ... grieving familes and their point that civil servants obstruct them in their pursuit of the truth about the death of their loved ones. And how they use taxpayers' money to defend their activities while the grieving familes have to use their own money. An issue that also applies to the PJM so is on Topic.

And before you start having another go at me or others about slanted articles from the Press ... thank you for pointing us all to your web site that quotes media bias etc. Here are the Independent's ratings:

Content: Very Good (15 votes)
Political Bias: Leans Left (15 votes)
Credibility: High (15 votes)

So The Independent is a newspaper that leans towards HMG ... Content voted very good ... Credibility ... High.

Hmmm ... no wonder HMG want people to promulgate spin on this one!

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sounds like political spin and cover your a**se statements to me. Rgds Rob...

How right you are, Rob!

Post Governments response 
Fred, Could you tell me if this is the response to the indepedent article or some other, and where can I find the original article and where I can find the Government's response, i.e. Defence News or some other reference,

Thanks

David.

Sorry all but nothing that this government say's is believable as far as I am concerned! There has never been a more deceitful, dishonest and corrupt government in the history of this country and anyone, I repeat anyone, who thinks otherwise has either been fooled or is one!!!

Angry of Calne

Last edited by jireland on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

John

... and anyone, I repeat anyone, who thinks otherwise is a fool!!!

Angry of Calne

That's a bit personal, Angry of Calne. Calnen't think why.

Don't you mean "and anyone, I repeat anyone, who thinks otherwise has been fooled!!!"

No doubt you will wish to amend your post.

Please do not trouble to reply to this one.

Cheers,

Admin

I see just what you mean so a 'double entendre' is required I think

J

Post Re: Governments response 
GLOman wrote:
Fred, Could you tell me if this is the response to the indepedent article or some other, and where can I find the original article and where I can find the Government's response, i.e. Defence News or some other reference,

Thanks

David.

David, I came across this statement whilst reading the 'Petitions', the above was in response to one of them, and as this thread, Barry, was headed 'British Defence In Crisis' I thought it may answer some of your concerns. I have just tried to find it to post the web addy, but can't.

Post Research 
Thanks anyway Fred, I know you're trying.

David

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next