Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Armed forces face Brown's fury

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Barry I would refer ALL once again to the statement made by the spokesperson from the Red Arrows themselves, at no point in that statement did they infer any attempt by government to ban them from the Olympics, if it proves at a later date that they (the government) do take that line I will be one of the voices shouting my objections, but whilst there is nothing to support the truth of this story then it MUST be treated as nothing more than 'muckraking'...Again I have no proof yet, I am still checking it out, but I am told it was first put out by the BNP....NUF SAID !

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
if it proves at a later date that they (the government) do take that line I will be one of the voices shouting my objections

At which point, Fred, it will be too late.

Hence the Petition.

I have edited some of my posts. Not because of what you say, but to leave the way clear for readers to make up their own minds about supporting the Red Arrows.

Let's leave it there.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post The minority. 
Stan.

This is NOT a criticism, but I think you should reconsider who you purport to be, "the minority." Surely we old veterans are, don't you think?

Mike.

Post Grey's Lane, Ashtead. 
Hope I'm on roughly the right slot....but doing my best.

Have just discovered an email from 10 Downing Street, presumably in response from a rude but gentle letter of mine and likely some others......a lot of others.

It informs me that SSAFA has just been given the go-ahead to take over a house in Grey's Lane Ashtead, close to Headley Court, as a Family Support Centre. Seemingly Mr Brown and Co have promised to see to its required refurbishment and the upkeep.....hopefully in perpetuity.....but who am I to hope for so much? Could be that others on the site have received the same.......but in case not......and apologies in case I am behind the times.....

MB.

Post British Defence in crisis 
Mike,

I've attached a copy of the "headley petitiion response" that was an attachment to the email (I got one too). The link to the epetiton is given in the email.

The Government's reponse makes no promises of actual financial or other assistance. THIS WAS A SSAFA FORCES HELP INITIATIVE FROM START TO FINISH. Des Browne is merely saying the we (the government) welcomed the Council's decision etc.etc.

"The Government will continue to "work together"(?) with SSAFA to make best use of this new facility". I leave readers to make up their own minds as to the truthfulness or value of Browne's statement. As a member of SSAFA - Forces Help, I was unaware of any Governement involvement until I saw Des Browns's comments commending the Council's decision.

Regards,
David

Last edited by GLOman on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Right you are Mike!.....#10 even managed to track me down in the wilds of Darkest Canada and convey me the same 'glad tidings of great joy'....I share your hopes for the continunance of this program....bet there are a lot of wealthy noses somewhat 'out of joint' around the Ashtead area these days?

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3