Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Dear GoD!
Post Re: The Civil Servants - UK keeo quiet? 
GLOman wrote:
Keep at'em say I!

Amen to that, David.

Barry

Post Re Civil serpents.....keeo at 'em ?? 
Barry.

Even my 94 year old dad got it right on his deathbed in August last year. With regard to the PJM and the Civil Serpents he said....."Keep at the SODS." That was shortly before he begged me to get rid of the crying women and shook my hand before telling me to, "bugger off ," as well. He was 6th Bat Cheshires....Alemein and 8th Army all the way to meet up with the Yanks....before Salerno, Anzio, Monte Cassino, Rome and the crossing of the Garigliano to Trieste. A D Day Dodger and proud of it.

MB

Post A legacy, and some! 
Mike,

All I can say is - a Dad to be proud of! I'm glad you wrote that piece; sincerely, it gave me a sense of pride
too.

David

Post A legacy and some. 
GLOman.
Thank you for those most kind words. It might seem that we are drifting slightly off topic, but we are after all hitting out here at the Civil Servants and their contempt for us. It is time they realised that in us they are dealing with a completely different generation and mind-set from themselves. We are people who took our cue from those, like my dad and his dad before him, who fought two wars to preserve what they should have more sespect for...i.e, their very liberty. We remember, and with regard to the older amongst us, experienced the bombing and the privations of WW2.
The worst privation for me was being without a dad for almost six years...essential years that could never be replaced and which left a gaping chasm in our relationship thereafter. When my tears flowed at his funeral they were not for the old man who had just died but for the young man who suddenly went out of my life and returned hardened by his experiences and a total stranger. I guess many of us experienced the same, and had to adjust just as our mothers did.
When dad shook my hand on the day he died that was as far as we could go in terms of affection for each other, the word love could not come into the situation though it was superfluous anyway. His last words were, "OK you can bugger off now. I'll go it alone from here."
So, Civil Servants, I hope my little homily has demonstrated our legacy of steely determination. What a pity you can only hide now behind your sulky shield of silence.

MB

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2