Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
And now for some good news ... John Ireland Acts
Post And now for some good news ... John Ireland Acts 
It is heartening to read that something positive is happening behind the scenes to rectify some of the damage perpetrated by the MoD on our servicemen and women.

But it takes an 'old soldier' to do it.

John Ireland, our erstwhile PJMer and initiator of the RBL pro-PJM vote, has started to work on the RBL Broken Covenant Campaign.

He said he would, and he has. Read this:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.1635696.0.battle_for_war_veterans.php

John - we're proud of you.

Well, thank you dear sir for your kind remarks but the battle has only just started.

I am on the radio tomorrow morning at 1130, BBC Wiltshire, but I must send a billy doo to all the doctors practices in Wiltshire tomorrow and get this going before the momentum slows. Cllr Ramsey (Conservative) is going to present a motion to the local District Council supporting the campaign and she has asked County Councillors to do the same. If any of our members feel inclined to join in locally then e-mail me and I will send you a copy of the NHS letter and the poster we used.

Let’s get stuck in!!!

John

Quote:
John - we're proud of you.

......I'll second that motion....Great stuff John!

Well done JohnI and the best of luck with your radio interview...........

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post War Pensions 
John, I personally cannot read anything into that letter other than the fact that ::

"The term “war pensioner” has now been extended to cover people who were injured or disabled as a result of service in the armed forces either before or after the First World War or between 1 October 1921 and 2 September 1939, the “inter-war” years."

I feel I am being a thicko again, but can't see how that letter helps anyone injured or disabled post 1939. !!

What it basically means is that ANYONE who is a War Pensioner from prior to WW1 up and to the new armed forces compensation scheme came in is entitled to priority treatment at NHS Doctors and Hospitals for the injury/illness for which they receive a War Pension.

Now what that really means is that you do not have to tag onto the end of the queue when asking for such treatment, you should automatically be accorded priority status if the circumstances permit it ie provided there are not millions of other patients in a worse state than you and even then, they are forced to consider your priority!!! In any case, you do not have to wait for so long. Better to be seen soon than to wait 18 months which is the norm for orthopeadic patients at present.

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1