Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Discourteous, who?
Post Discourteous, who? 
I read somewhere that someone in the MOD said that if veterans wore the PJM then they would be discourteous to The Queen. Just hold the phone a minute, pal. When you start talking about being discourteous just remember that we fought for our Queen and Country in a very hostile and dangerous environment and we are now being told that we cannot wear a medal offered to us by The King of Malaysia and Government of Malaysia, whilst Mrs Windsor tells our brothers (and sisters) in Oz and Kiwi land that they can wear it. Now I ask you whom is being discourteous to whom? I personally feel betrayed and abandoned by the very person who should have been on my side. No there is no discourtesy, only betrayal by an elitist gang who meet in secret, who are not covered by the Freedom of Information Act, and are kept in luxury by the ordinary taxpayer of this country. They had better wake up and smell the coffee.

Glad to note that you have overcome the signing-on difficulties you were experiencing...had similar trouble ma'sel y'ken...I think the sign-in is really 'case sensitive'?

Anyway, I'm with you on this 'courtesy' thing...it cuts both ways, to my way of thinking.

'Jock'

Post Gan Great 
Hi Jock - its gan great on ither folks coal.
I assume you gathered I am in Scotland - the borders actually where support for the Windsors is fading fast. The situation in regard to the PJM would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so serious. These bampots on the HD Committee must have had their brains removed at childbirth, replaced with a pun o' mince, and taught to speak through their mouths and 'bahookeys' at the same time. Surely we will find someone with a grain of decency and intelligence who will have this 'non-wearing' rule sent to File 13 where it belongs. Courtesy, they don't know the meaning of the word. Keep up the good work and awrabest frae Scotland.

Aye McDangle...I had ye pegged as a 'Jocko' awricht!...With my Edinburgh heritage it doesn't require long to recognise the signs...I long ago learned that, when a man starts a conversation, (or a 'post') with " Just hold the 'phone a minute, pal", it is usually an intelligent assumption that someone is imminently liable to become involved in some sort of an 'altercation'.

Re the common cause...I honestly believe that our best bet is to increase the number of letters/e-mails to MP's...because the quickest route to success for us, is in my humble opinion, via questions being frequently raised in Parliament ... this will require a lot of legwork from the UK based site-members in particular... since we cannot vote for, or against them, UK MP's don't really care much about the opinions of ex-pat's like me!

It is a disturbing fact of life that most politicians are motivated almost solely by selfish self interest...letters to their constituency office expressing anger, concern, disgust etc. about a given topic, clearly tying the resolution of the problem to their chances of retaining the ballot box support of the writers, in the next election, WILL have the effect of getting their fat posteriors 'in gear'!

I exhort you, and all other UK based readers of this post, to co-opt as many of your friends, relatives, mistresses, old girlfriends, (or whatever?)...and have them WRITE to your local MP...A simple one-liner will be just as effective as a '3 pager'...the more often this is raised in Party committee rooms the faster it'll have effect in the House...Trust me!

Regards.....'Jock'

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1