Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
A message of Support from an Aussie PJMer in Malaysia
Post A message of Support from an Aussie PJMer in Malaysia 
As a result of the very heavy workload, it is some time since we posted messages sent to the web site. But we thought you'd like to read this one:

Data sent from the web site

Name=Dr R GRAHAM HUNT AM DC MCSc DipLS FICC FACC

Subject=PJM

Agree to publishing this message?=Yes

Message="I have lived in Malaysia for the last 10 years. My wife and I may remain for another 2 years, God willing, then back to Australia.This year is very special to Malaysians,celebrating 50years since "Merdeka".Just like you,I was here when Malaya was granted independance.What a time of excitement.I don't think a great percentage of Malayans understood what that "freedom"was all about, but I do think that a huge % looked forward to the day they would be free from the threat of Communist Terrorist attacks on their town,village,or Kampung. I was pretty busy as a member of No1 Bomber Squadron RAAF, flying out of RAF Tengah in Singapore in Lincoln Bombers. Our squadron had been told that it would be returning to Aust. by mid 1958, and of course Far East Airforce H Q knew all about that. They realised they were soon to lose their last heavy bomber squadron so they assigned a lot more targets to us "Colonials". That meant extra work for our ground crew in servicing the aircraft and in "bombing up" the Lincolns in the hot tropical sun. I flew 49 missions over Malaya.You did your bit so WEAR YOUR PJM with pride. We support you too. Defy the bureaucrats, go see the new Prime Minister, is he going to risk losing Dame Vera's vote ? God bless you all. "

Message ends.

- - - - -

Our thanks go to Dr Hunt for taking the time and trouble to write to us in support.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1