Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Is this the way Veterans should be treated
Post Is this the way Veterans should be treated 
Link to an article in today's Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=457426&in_page_id=1811

Is this the way for a so-called grateful country to treat an old man who once risked his life for Britain but now because of poor health, needs some help in return?. How low can this governmant go?...... if he were a terrorist he would probably have more chance of being allowed to stay.

What the hell is happening in a once proud country? Reading stories like this doesn't make one proud to be British.

AS THE EEC ENLARGES, AND WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION TO SOAK UP OTHER COUNTRIES RIFF-RAFF,WITH THEIR EXTENTED FAMILIES,PAY THEM BENEFITS GIVE THEM ACCOMDATION,WHILST THEY GO ON A PICKPOCKTING SPREE, THIS ARTICLE JUST ABOUT SUMS UP THE DISGRACE THAT CAN BE BRITAIN TO-DAY, THIS MAN IS A TRUE HERO ,HE WEARS THE HIGHEST AWARD OF GALLANTRY THIS COUNTRY CAN AWARD,MEANWHILE WE HAVE PREACHERS OF HATE WHO CAN'T GO TO THEIR TRIAL IN COURT,AS THEY ARE HAVING TREATMENT TO THEIR LIMBS,BLOWN OFF PLAYING WITH EXPLOSIVES Exclamation COURSE THEY HAVE RIGHTS ,DON'T THEY.THERE IS TRULY SOMETHING MORALLY WRONG HERE. ME I SALUTE THIS OLD GURKHA,AND AS A INDIVIDUAL APOLOGIZE, FOR MY COUNTRIES TREATMENT OF HIM.

Hear Hear well said Pete.I had the honour and privilege to have worked with and supported these fine loyal Soldiers.Still I don't suppose we can expect much more from this couldn't care less I'm alright jack I've got my inflation proof pension government and civil servants.I join you in saluting this Honorable brave old soldier and the thousands like him.

I too had the privilege of serving with the Gurkhas....and was constantly being amazed that such a normally cheerful, smiling bunch of men could become, at the sound of a shot, such a fearsome and formidable group...they personified the perfect soldier...no hesitation, no dissention, no apparent fear...I have been grateful, on many occasions, that they were 'looking after me'...small in stature perhaps...but with hearts the size of a bushel basket.

This abandonment of Tul Bahadur Pun is nothing short of disgraceful.

Just had to add the following to the Daily Mail article:-

"I too had the honour to serve with these good men. "Greater love have no man, than to lay down his life for his friends".
I am sadly not surprised at this decision, made by little people who serve only one thing, their pathetic selves. Let this hero end his days in peace and comfort in this country of his choosing. We owe him and many like him".

Sorry I have been missing of late. Took BT 26 days to reconnect my Broadband. I only moved to another apartment on the same floor and kept the same phone number !!!

John

Kuching.

Sorry I have been missing of late. Took BT 26 days to reconnect my Broadband. I only moved to another apartment on the same floor and kept the same phone number !!!

John[/quote]I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR ENGINEERS,DID THEY HAVE 'GCHQ SPY' ON THEIR OVERALLS?

Remember, Just because you (we) are not paranoid, doesn't mean to say they are not out to get you (us). Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kuching.
I'M GLAD YOU UNDERSTAND,ITS JUST THAT I HAD THESE VOICES TELLING ME. Exclamation

Here is a petition that you can sign in support of the Gurkha veteran.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gurkhas-rights/

They could and should offer him a place as a Chelea pensioner........what could be more fitting?
This is one last chance for Tony Bliar to be seen doing something honourable and worthwhile.
I am so glad I had the good sense to leave the country at the end of my service days.

Post PETITION FOR GURKHAS 
Very Happy

KenN,

Thanks for the info; I've signed. At this moment, 1538hrs 26/05/07,
they have 3,726 signatures. There are 1841 registered users; if those
who haven't signed would care so to do this petition could be a winner.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gurkhas-rights/

Regards,

David

Kuching.
Signed today, my very best wishes to a true and stalwart veteran.

Post Gurkha 
See the following new article in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=458301&in_page_id=1770

Hamish

Post Re: Gurkha 
hamishw wrote:
See the following new article in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=458301&in_page_id=1770

Hamish

Thanks for that Hamish .....I needed to read something like that latest Daily Mail story.......it is nice to see that there are still some decent people in high positions in the UK.

You know, even though I am now an Australian, and have been so for over 30 years, I have always been proud of the fact that I am British, but after reading that first story in the D. Mail it makes me almost ashamed to have been so.

Hopefully some of these people in power in the UK today will eventually need pay for some of their despicable decisions and for their self serving actions.

Also good news is the fact that there are now 6639 names on the petition in just 2 days...........how can they not take notice of that.

Cheers, Ken.

Post PETITION FOR GURKHAS 
Signed today and very proud to do so.
best wishes Lyn.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next