Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Enclosure 2: We Set Out The London Gazette Argument
T'aint to my benefit either way....I'm a Canadian....and we have our own difficulties to contend with Pete!

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
I am afraid that it would seem that this government will not accept that it has made an error and appears unable to address the problem of the civil service so I have sent this to my MP: If the old bill want me then they know just where they can find me, two fingers extended in an archers salute!

Dear Michael, I refer to the recent letter you received from Meg Munn MP and the absolute twaddle that it contained.

I attach the synopsis of the veterans case that the wearing of the PJM is legal and has the consent of Her Majesty which was made available to the ministers responsible last April. Many attempts by veterans to contact the veterans minister, Derek Twigg MP, have met with absolutely no response which I find totally disgraceful considering his position and I have to take the view that he is an ignorant man who should not occupy any office of state let alone that of ‘veterans minister’. In view of this I will accept that the award of the PJM to Malaysia Veterans by the Agong and Government of that country was properly accepted by Her Majesty and in accordance with the London Gazette entry dated 3 May 1968 I will wear that award with pride on my medal bar along with those medals awarded by Her Majesty.

Regards

John

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3