Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Enclosure 2: We Set Out The London Gazette Argument
Thanks for that info have ordred one this morning from Heitage, will wear it with pride then I can keep the original for display (when it arrives)
Sandy428

Post Re: Replica Pingat Jasa Malaysia 
hamishw wrote:
A good replica can be obtained from Heritage medal in Perth Western Australia for AUD $ 31.90.

http://www.heritagemedals.com.au/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Pingat+Jasa+Malaysia&image.x=7&image.y=9

Hamish

I received my PJM just in time to wear at the Dawn Service on ANZAC day. I will now buy a replica PJM to mount on my medal bar and will keep the original in the presentation case that it came in to preserve its mint condition.

I would like to know if anybody has had their original PJM engraved...........what are your opinions on this?
Cheers, KenN

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
All Australian and New Zealand veterans had their official PJM medals engraved by their own MOD medals dept. I have yet to hear of any complaints that the engraving damaged the medals. Ofcourse with its early days yet.

I LUV THE 'HANDLE',SURE I'VE HEARD THAT NAME BEFORE IN A FORMER LIFE,WELL IF YOUR AN AUSSIE,OR A KIWI,AND ITS BEEN ENGRAVED AT YOUR COUNTRIES EXPENSE YOUR LUCKY,ALL OUR GOV AGENCIES DO IS PUT OBSTACLES IN OUR WAY,THEY EVEN PROFESS TO NOT EVEN KNOWING WHO SERVED IN THEATRE,DESCRIBE OUR PJM AS A TRINKET TO PUT BACK IN THE WEETABIX BOX,AND US VETS AS DIS AFFECTED GONG CHASERS,ME I DO A LINE IN ENGRAVING MYSELF,SELL BULLETS WITH YOUR NAME ON,GUARANTEED TO WORK,OR YOUR MONEY BACK Exclamation

Oh, does it make my blood boil each and every time I read this - http://www.veterans-uk.info/medals/arctic.html - 5 year Rule ?, Double Medal ?, the very grounds on which they deny us !

Post Disaffected veterans 
Evil or Very Mad You are right Fred! The Veterans UK website is still referring
to disaffected veterans as well - see under

Medal for Suez Canal Zone 1951 - 1954

"....that while the many other campaigns from disaffected veterans......."

NB: Veterans UK please note: WE are not disaffected - just pi***d off!

Post Disaffectation explanation... 
It is my considered conclusion, having read this Forum since it's very inception, that the 'Fight4' campaign has received official 'Civil Service' communications authored by some genuine, bona-fide, wits.

Inevitably, although regrettably, we have also attracted more than our fair share of responses from half-wits, dim-wits and the occasional complete nit-wit.

Having now read David's post to the effect that the oft-debunked 'disaffected' label is STILL being perpetuated, by at least one 'Civil Servant', one cannot but pause to consider...that somewhere in the UK there must be a village, anxiously awaiting the return of its idiot.

David, I have just read that, and this is their 'Get Out' excuse - 'Although the surviving records, the vast majority of which had been sent to the Public Record Office at Kew for retention and release to the public domain, were incomplete, there was evidence that General Sir Brian Robertson, the Commander in Chief of the Middle East Land Forces at the time, had made a tentative enquiry about the possibility of a campaign medal in 1952.'.....I sure would like to see that evidence they refer to !

I sure would like to see that evidence they refer to !

So would I, Fred.

Perhaps that 'evidence' is filed next to the alleged undated, unsigned memo's in an MoD office - papers that were offered by the civil servants as 'evidence' against the Suez veterans' case - the authenticity of those memos was found to be highly questionnable when the MoD were eventually forced into revealing the correct documents (that supported the veterans' case!) that had been kept under wraps by the MoD as part of the campaign against the Suez veterans' case.

But the truth came out (actually it was forced out by the indefatigable Suez campaigners) - as it will one day with the PJM.

Barry

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Remember what Big Brother Gordon Brown said on TV recently?

"The British people stand for fairness & tolerance"

I think Veterans day might be a good time to find out what exactly he meant by that statement...interesting times ahead?

StanW

SORRY STAN,REMEMBER ,THIS DOESN'T MEAN HE'S AGAINST UNFAIRNESS AND INTOLERANCE,THATS OUR NEXT PRIME MINISTER,WHOSE PARTY HAS BEEN REJECTED BY HIS OWN COUNTRYMEN, WHO HAS TAXED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE,WHETHER ITS BEEN FAIR OR TOLERABLE, MYSELF I'M SICK OFF HAVING FOREIGNERS IN OUR GOVERNMENT, WE HAVE A WELSH ASSEMBLY, A SCOTTISH NATIONALIST ONE TOO,CAN THEY NOT RETURN HOME AND LET US HAVE ,DARE I SAY IT AN ENGLISH ASSEMBLY, FOR GUESS WHAT ,ENGLAND Question AND BEFORE ANYONE STARTS RANTING 'BOUT IT JUST ASK WHY ENGLISH PEOPLE HAVE THIS VIEW. I MEAN YOU COULD HAVE SOME DRUID UNDER A SHEET ,IN CHARGE OF THE WELSH ECONOMY, IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US,OR JUST AS EASILY WHAT DOES SCOTLAND CONTRIBUTE SIDES HEART DISEASE ,OBESITY,AND LUNG PROBLEMS,IT MIGHT BE ITS FAVORITE TAX EXILE,SAH BOND - CANARY,RANTING ABOUT HOME RULE,WELL HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN PARTY TO SOME CUNNING STUNT IN THE MOVIES, IN THE REAL WORLD HE'S MORE AN ACRONYM OF THE SAME ,AND A BAD HAIRCUT WITH IT,MIND YOU THE BIG YIN ,IS A HERO,STILL THATS POLITICS.

Pete.....perhaps you should be grateful that Scotland has for many, many decades exported most of the real troublemaking elements in society to other lands under that scheme known as emigration...

Had it not been so, imagine the scope of political difficulties you might now be facing if all the truly malevolent, disaffected, devious, revolutionary malcontents (such as yours truly!) were still resident in their county of birth and entitled to involve themselves in the political process ?!?!?!?

P.S. Just posted MY SIDE OF HISTORY part2
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.1408046.0.0.php

Stan, "RM 19233 Richard Jennings, killed by insurgents at Limbang on the 12th December." His NOK should have received a posthumous NGSM clasp Brunei.

During this 15 day Brunei Insurrection two different medals were awarded.
No1) Royal Marines & Royal Navy personnel received the NGSM 1915-62 (Brunei) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_General_Service_Medal_1915-62

No2) Army & RAF personnel received the GSM 1918-62 (Brunei)
http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britishguide/general_service_1918.htm

This clasp was authorised by Army Order No. 44 dated 1963, for a minimum 1 days' service in at least one of the operational areas located in the State of Brunei, North Borneo or Sarawak between 8 December 1962 and 23 December 1962.

Last edited by MB_Veteran on Thu May 24, 2007 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
[quote="'Jock' Fenton"]Pete.....perhaps you should be grateful that Scotland has for many, many decades exported most of the [b]real [/b]troublemaking elements in society to other lands under that scheme known as emigration...

Had it not been so, imagine the scope of political difficulties you might now be facing if all the truly malevolent, disaffected, devious, revolutionary malcontents [b](such as yours truly!)[/b] were still resident in their county of birth and entitled to involve themselves in the political process ?!?!?!?[/quote]
I HEAR WHAT YOUR SAYING,AINT ANTI IT,BUT THATS WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR IN SCOTLAND AND WALES IS DEVOLVED GOV, WOULD JUST LIKE A LITTLE OF THE SAME IN MY COUNTRY, GIVEN THE NAMES AND ACCENTS OF FIRST MINISTERS OF WALES AND SCOTLAND,I THINK THE POSITION OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BONE FIDE ENGLISHMAN / WOMAN IS UNTENABLE AS HEAD OF GOV,GIVEN THE STATUS QUO. I MEAN WHATS WRONG WITH GORDEN AS HEAD OF STATE OF HIS OWN COUNTRY, I KNOW ITS OUR LOSS,BUT IN OUR GENEROUS NATURE OF THINGS ITS YOUR GAIN,,,,IS IT , Question IS IT NOT Question

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next