Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Abby Oshodi
Post Abby Oshodi 
Abby Oshodi has taken over a number of duties from Denis Brennan of the Cabinet Office.
Now it would appear that one of these duties is the PJM.

So if you have any comments or questions you could always email Abby at

Abby.Oshodi@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

I'm sure she will be more than pleased to hear from you all ASAP.

WE SEEM TO BE RUNNING OUT OF CIVIL SERVANTS, WALKING EAGLE,THE THRUSH,HAVE WE A DEFAULT SETTING FOR THIS ONE.

Post ABBY 
Cool Just a thought. Perhaps her appointment to take over the PJM might, MIGHT, signify
a change of direction toward a final, and for us successful, conclusion. It is unlikely,
that the Ceremonial Officer, Cabinet Officer would ever concede that he had been wrong.
On the other hand, if Abby, after a short time, were to recommend that "permission to
formally wear" should be given, her efforts would be rightly rewarded with our grateful
thanks, whereas the person from whom she had taken over responsibility, now no longer
involved in this matter, may, superficially, be seen not have lost face - almost a pain free
let out with a guaranteed "Buggins" turn Gong and unendangered prospects for the future.

I am now waiting to see whether MOD Honours-1 will have his "responsibility"?, for interferring
in PJM matters (Departmental procedures, of course) transferred to another Officer with the same
idea in mind.

As I say, it is only a theory, possibly daydreaming, but I think thoughtful contact with Abby
would be preferable to a more severe tone until it is certain whether this is the new "PLAN B"!

Regards,

David

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Civil Servants. 
Lord Falconer (one of the 'do you know who I am group') is to tell the National Association of Head Teachers at a conference that human rights are based on freedom, equality, respect and tolerance, (F.E.R.T.) which are truly British values.
Does this not just confirm that these people live in a different world where they spout such crap and believe that it is happening on their watch.
Where is the FERT (pity the second one isn't an A) with the Civil Service who tell lies, cheat, are intolerant, disrespectful and certainly not equal to everyone who does not agree with them, particularly the fight4thepjm group.

I can confirm that the London Gazette announcement of 3 May 1968 did
not apply to campaign or commemorative medals.

Your sincerely

Ms Abby Oshodi
Deputy Team Leader
Ceremonial Secretariat

O YES IT DOES

Post ABBY OSHODI 
I put the following under "Queen gives approval", but, perhaps it should be here:
This went off on the 9th May:

CC My MP

I wish to complain about an email that I have received from Abby Oshodi of the Cabinet Office, in this email she implies that Her Majesty signed a document that forbids the wearing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM), this is not correct. Her Majesty signed a document accepting the PJM there is nothing in that document about non-wearing.

Now I appreciate that this may just be a mistake on her part and that there was no intention to deceive so a simple retraction and a statement of the facts will suffice.
Regards
Paul Alders

Copy of Email
-----Original Message-----
From: Abby.Oshodi@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk [mailto:Abby.Oshodi@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: 03 May 2007 15:41

Dear Mr Alders

Thank you for your email of 2 May 2007.

I am afraid that we have nothing further to add to our earlier statement. i.e -

Her Majesty The Queen graciously approved the recommendation that veterans and others eligible should exceptionally be allowed to accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia, offered by the King and Government of Malaysia, and that permission to wear the medal should not be granted.

Abby Oshodi
Ceremonial Secretariat

Oh dear, do I see that we have another 'clerk' intent on causing civil service mayhem over honours and awards (Abby Oshodi). I declare, I am beginning to wonder if the Queen really is the Soveriegn of all she surveys or perhaps it is Cherie (teflon) Blair soon to be replaced by Mrs. Brown!

They don't learn do they, if your reading this Abby then I hope you sleep well at the moment 'cause that may be about to change with the stress that you will get from 3500 very upset veterans!!!

John

Post ABBY OSHODI 
Surprised I was suprised that I got a reply to my email!

"I can confirm that the matter has been properly considered",
She omitted to say her (their) conclusion (as if we can't guess) which I regard as
cowardly.

Barry, sorry about the "TPE" it is, of course, TEP; my apologies

Post Re: ABBY OSHODI 
GLOman wrote:
"I can confirm that the matter has been properly considered"

David,

The Cabinet Office have reached the end of their particular road. They cannot recover from their disasterous attempts at trying to rationalise their flawed and mean-spirited recommendation and so they say nothing.

We have been invited by one MP, also frustrated by the civil servants' arrogant incompetence, to take direct action!

Hmmm ....

Post ABBY ASHODI 
Twisted Evil

"I can confirm that the matter has been properly considered".

GOOD! so I've sent this to her:

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1