Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
ANZAC Day 2007 - First Film from Oz
Post ANZAC Day 2007 - First Film from Oz 
John Feltham has sent a very short, but highly relevant, film. He says:

"One of the first PJMs worn by an ex-UK Serviceman (in accordance with the edict of The London Gazette), to be worn at an official function in Australia on ANZAC Day 2007.

Small video file - run time 6 seconds."

Click here to watch it in RealPlayer (if necessary, we'll convert it for MS Media Player):

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Anzac_Day_Townsville.mov

PS The file is 664k in size.

Post Re: ANZAC Day 2007 - First Film from Oz 
BarryF wrote:
Click here to watch it in RealPlayer (if necessary, we'll convert it for MS Media Player):

It can also be watched in QuickTime.

SORRY I COULDN'T MAKE THE DAWN PARADE,BUT I DID SOUND 'LAST POST' AND 'THE ROUSE' UNDERNEATH MY FAVOURITE BRIDGE ON THE BANKS OF THE RIVER AVON AT SALTFORD THIS MORNING,ON THE OCCASION OF ANZAC DAY,THE 92nd ANNIVERSARY OF THE GALLIPOLI LANDINGS,AND WELL IT SOUNDED TOO.

Post Gallipoly landings. 
Thanks, Pete. You sounded that bugle of yours for my grandad too. He went ashore with the 8th Manchesters and, though wounded slightly in the leg on one occasion, stayed til the last day and the last, very silent march to the evacuation beach on the final night.

I well remember his graphic descriptions of the bitter fighting on that Godforsaken peninsula and even how he and his mates would grab a swim even though Johnny Turk always fired a few, "Jack-Johnsons," at them. Grandad Tommy always became very choked up when he described how they all felt on that final, silent walk to the beaches...."A mixture of anger that they were being pulled out and a huge sadness to feel that they were abandoning the blokes you honoured this morning, Pete.

MB

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1