Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
A M.O.D REVIEW.
Post A M.O.D REVIEW. 
IN THE LATEST TWIST,TO THE DEBACLE OF THE CAPTURE,TORMENT,AND RELEASE OF HMS CORNWALLS BOARDING PARTY,WHATEVER YOUR VIEW,ITS GONE FROM OKAY TO SELL YOUR STORY YESTERDAY AND THIS MORNING,TO A BAN TONIGHT,AND THAT MAGIC WORD WE KNOW SO WELL'REVIEW' ,HAS CREPT INTO THE FRAME,REGARDING THE ISSUE,'REVIEW' IN THIS INSTANCE BEING 'CODE ' FOR THE GOV SPOKESPERSON 'WE COCKED UP;AGAIN',STILL IT IS A BANK HOLIDAY,AFTER ALL:I SEE THE NEXT GENERATION OF DISAFFECTED VETERANS IS ALREADY IN TRAINING,THATS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE IN GOV,CONSISTANCY Exclamation

Post A MoD Review... 
Right again Pete...it never ceases to amaze me how politicians and civil servants all seem to have this innate capacity to speak out of both sides of their mouth simultaneously...and while so doing, they can also manage to adopt diametrically opposed opinions as to the correctness of their own policies....and all within the space of 24 hours!.....compare this instantaneous about-face with the fact that it took them months to reach the conclusion that their initial 'horlicks' of the PJM decision was absolutely correct, to the 'n'th degree, in the first place?

Neither did it escape my notice that the 'prepared statements' (and we all know by whom they were prepared eh lads?) the 2 ranking officers of the '15' read to the world at large, included a paragraph devoted to lavish praise for FCO and MoD officials for all the great work that they had done to assist in the release of the hostages...pathetic, self serving, unprincipled and totally predictable!

Boy, am I glad I'm no longer wearing a uniform or 'taking the Queen's shillin'...

I do think that the captives side of the story had to be told some how. A lot of civvies I know seem to think what they saw on TV about the way the were being treated was the truth. Anybody who served in that part of the world knows those people do not operated the way we do.
Whether it was right to sell the story or not I would not like to say.

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
I REFUSE TO TELL YOU WHAT COLOUR BATTLESHIP GREY IS,AS ITS AN OFFICIAL SECRET.

Don't forget the red lead antifouling undercoat Pete, I mean to say, Pusser has a great surplus of the stuff, now that half the fleet has gone. Oops! I shouldn't have said that...Official Secrets Act and all that.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1