Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MoD
Post MoD 
We have a new name at the MoD a Mr Ian Keith he has taken over as Richard Coney's boss.
It would appear that Ian Keith has instructed Richard Coney not to answer questions about the PJM because of his workload?

May I suggest that in our effort to reduce Richard Coney's workload that in future we address our letters and emails to Ian Keith, email Ian.Keith798@mod.uk whom I'm sure will only too willing to oblige.

I suspect that all in the MoD are getting a little tetchy with me. I am awaiting a reply from MR Coney, if it doesn't come then it goes to Sir Gus O'Donnell Head of the Civil Service and if that is not satisfactory to my MP and onwards to The Govt Ombudsman. My PJM is not coming out of a Christmas Cracker as suggested!

"Keith, Ian Mr" <Ian.Keith798@mod.uk>

Mr XXXXXX/Mr Cooper

I have explained to you what the Ministry of Defence’s position is on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal and there is nothing further that I can add to that. The FCO are responsible for administering the policy relating to the acceptance and wear of non-British awards by British citizens and I suggest that you contact them if you have any further queries on the PJM.

Ian Keith

Post Ian Keith. 
Ian Keith now refuses to answer questions put to him in response to his email and refers us to the MOD Ministerial Correspondence Unit.

Post Re: Ian Keith. 
mcdangle wrote:
Ian Keith now refuses to answer questions put to him in response to his email and refers us to the MOD Ministerial Correspondence Unit.

Type in Ian Keith Ministry of Defence into a Google search, results ZILCH!

Post Ian Keith 
If I think a Civil Servant is having a go at me or us I will say so on this forum so when I receive an apology I should be gracious enough to accept and also put that on the forum.
Today I received an apology from Mr Ian Keith of the MoD and I thank him for it and that is an end to our disagreement.

Paul Alders
Fight4thepjm
Pingat Kami - Hak Kami

Post Re: Ian Keith 
Paul Alders wrote:
If I think a Civil Servant is having a go at me or us I will say so on this forum so when I receive an apology I should be gracious enough to accept and also put that on the forum.
Today I received an apology from Mr Ian Keith of the MoD and I thank him for it and that is an end to our disagreement.

Paul Alders
Fight4thepjm
Pingat Kami - Hak Kami

Well I haven't received such an apology Paul and until I do so I shall take the matter further

I have just written a letter to The Attorney General Lord Goldsmith asking what our right of appeal and statutory rights are regarding not being able to wear the PJM

Early birds at The Attorney Generals Office on a Monday morning

"LSLO" <lslo@gtnet.gov.uk> Add to Address Book
To: "JOHN COOPER" <johncooper>
Subject: RE: Attorney Generals Office
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:15:19 +0100

Mr Cooper

Thank you for your e-mail below.

The Attorney General is the principal legal adviser to Government. This means that he cannot give legal advice or assistance to individual members of the public, and by extension nor can we, his office.

Having said that, we try to be as helpful as possible. From what I have seen of your exchanges with Mr Coney, you are dissatisfied with the way Mr Coney has handled the matter. I imagine the Ministry of Defence has a complaints procedure: you may wish to consider following that if you think it right to do so.

Yours sincerely

Christopher Simson
Attorney General's Office
9 Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6JP

Tel 020 7271 2486
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 11 August 2006 19:16
To: lslo@gtnet.gov.uk
Subject: Attorney Generals Office

Sirs

I have had communication with a Civil Servant who informs me that I have no right of appeal as in Para 5 in my reply to him (Mr Richard Coney Ministry of Defence) Please inform me what my rights of appeal and my statutory rights are. As I wish to pursue this matter

Yours Sincerely
John Cooper

More than we get from some other quarters.

Post Coney's Letter goes around the World 
My email to RC.

Mr Coney
It would seem according to the World Wide Web that you have been sending letters around the world to numerous PJM veterans in an attempt to justify a falsehood. Mr Ian Keith is very clever getting you to put your name to this erroneous letter for when that fan in your office gets clogged up with the brown stuff he comes out smelling of roses while you on the other hand will have to stand down wind.
I admire your bravery.

I’m a little confused. Only last week you sent me an email instructing me in no uncertain terms to contact the Cabinet Office on all issues concerning the PJM also for sometime the MoD web site stated that we should contact the FCO on all matters relating to the PJM. I think you need to get your policy in order as you are sending out mixed messages, do you want to be involved in the PJM or not and if not to whom do I write too.

Also I must point out that Her Majesty the Queen as already granted me permission to wear the PJM. She automatically did this the very moment I was granted permission to accept, see London Gazette 3rd May 1968.
It is a pity that so much tax payers money has been wasted all because someone somewhere did not carry out their research correctly. This information was in the public domain at the time of the PJM being conferred.

I do realize that this news may come as a disappointment to you as you will no longer be able to refer to the PJM as a trinket, a souvenir or a keepsake, your words not mine. That statement of yours has always baffled me because you stated to me last year that in your opinion we should be allowed to wear the PJM but you had to follow official policy.

Because I could not and will not show discourtesy to Her Majesty I am yet to wear my PJM but now that I have confirmation (Public Records) that I have permission to wear the PJM I shall be wearing it at the first official function that I attend.

I hope that we can put this behind us and move forward in harmony,
Kind Regards
Paul Alders
Pingat Kami - Hak Kami

Post Re: MoD 
[Richard Coney's boss.
Ian Keith has instructed Richard Coney not to answer questions about the PJM because of his workload?

WORKLOAD ,,WORKLOAD Exclamation WOT OF Question PAPER Rolling Eyes TRY A BIT OF OVERSTRETCH,WHEN ALL THAT COMES BACK AT YOU IS A LETTER,AS YOU WAX LYRICAL IN YOUR ARMCHAIR PAL,INSTEAD OF DUCKING RPG'S,COMBAT FATIGUE IS RECOGNIZED,I DIAGNOSE YOUR PROBLEM AS PHONEYCONEYITUS, BASICALLY IT MEANS YOU MIGHT HAVE THE SPEED OF A RACE HORSE,THE STRENGTH OF A CART HORSE,BUT THE BRAINS OF A BLINKERED ROCKING HORSE,AS A VOLUNTEER YOU CAN RESIGN ,IF THE BOILER FRONT IS GETTING TOO WARM,COS WATCH BELOW AIN'T EVEN STARTED PUNCHING SPRAYERS,OR CRANKING UP THE PRESSURE,WE AS TAXPAYERS DEMAND VALUE FOR MONEY,EVEN GURDEN SEZ SO, IF WORK IS YOUR PROB ,TIME YOU WERE OUT SOURCED,AS WE ALL KNOW THIS MEANS LESS PAY ,LESS RIGHTS,LESS LEAVE ,N NO INDEXED LINKED PENSION,GET A GRIP MAN, SHELL SHOCK IS CONTAGIOUS Exclamation

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
So is SHXT shock and there is a lot headed their way Pete.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Veterans UK 
Once again those erroneous statements about the PJM have appeared on the Veterans Agency web site, just like the MoD monitor us we monitor them 24 hours a day with the help of our members from all over the world.
Below are some emails you might like to contact, as always please be polite but do show them the errors of their ways.

Ian.Keith798@mod.uk

Richard.Coney506@mod.uk

floris.davis274@mod.uk

Dan.Cookey502@mod.uk

bill.jeffrey480@mod.uk

I am now very, very disaffected by those bollock brains that are running the MOD be it the military chiefs or the suits. Not only have the bastards done nothing to help the fight for the PJM campaign, but now some brainless twit has made a decision to allow the 15 to sell their stories to the media. When I first heard the news I felt physically sick and I can imagine how the serving members of the forces are feeling! This is the month of the anniversary of the Falklands, when lads and lasses are losing their lives in Iraq and Afganistan and some sh*t for brains has made this decision, be-littles the services and has made a laughing stock of the Navy in particular! I have now no compunction about wearing my PJM. To the HD committe and the MOD - up yours!!!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1