Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
J'accuse!
Post J'accuse! 
I accuse those who were party to the concocting of the scandalous Cabinet Office 'excuse' of acting without honour and without integrity.

Three of my reasons are set out at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10750#10750.

I have not yet started my detailed rebuttal of the 'explanation'. I am enjoying too much the contentedness of knowing that I have formal permission to wear the PJM and that the civil servants have failed in their attempt to overrule that.

No matter how hard they try (and they must try), I will not be able to accept their excuses. Why? Because those excuses must now be freshly concocted because they have issued and closed their defence in their appalling 12th March paper and they have confirmed that there is nothing else they have to say.

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: J'accuse! 
BarryF wrote:

No matter how hard they try (and they must try), I will not be able to accept their excuses. Why? Because those excuses must now be freshly concocted because they have issued and closed their defence in their appalling 12th March paper and they have confirmed that there is nothing else they have to say.

Barry

Their headline to us Barry reads HD Committee final decision on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia

.........and their very final words read: ..............and have no further comments to make.

Game, Set and Match! Very Happy

So Ladies and Gentlemen go out with your head held high, your chest expanded wearing an honourable medal with HM The Queen's permission to do so!

Post Re: J'accuse! 
John Cooper wrote:
So Ladies and Gentlemen go out with your head held high, your chest expanded wearing an honourable medal with HM The Queen's permission to do so!

I thoroughly intend to do just that.

ANZAC Day is just weeks away. 25th April.

I will be wearing it because HM Government have accepted it on my behalf, and HM The Queen has said in the London Gazette, an extention of her Government, that I may wear it.

I too shall wear my PJM alongside my GSM on Anzac Day. To me the issue of the PJM is between myself and the Malaysian people and I will honour their award with the dignity it deserves. The disgusting behaviour of the likes of Brennan and the MOD should be totally rejected by us all. If legal action is a possibilty against these people/departments I am prepared to offer a financial contribution to support such action. It tears at my heart strings to see the country of my birth being destroyed by despots like Brennan and company. The political silence is overwhelming, are there no longer champions for the people among politicians or are they not allowed by the EU and such.

If legal action is a possibilty against these people/departments I am prepared to offer a financial contribution to support such action.

Ivor

I tried that about 6 years ago under a separate issue, The Directorate of Legal Services (RAF) informed me that I could not sue The Government (The Crown) under The Kings Immunity Act of 1947 which was further updated in the 80's the latter is allowed if a claim is made within 5 years of the incident taking place.

This is going from memory (and it ain't wot it used to be!) so apologies if I have any/all of this wrong. There were so many claims coming in immediately after WWII for compensation that The Crown had to bring this act into being.

JUST PICKED UP JOHN,ON YOUR WITHIN 5 YRS BIT,IT SOUNDS FAMILIAR DUNNIT,MY TAKE ON THIS MEANS,AS PJM COULDN'T INITIALY BE SANCTIONED BECAUSE OF A' FIVE YEAR RULE',THIS COULD ALSO BE INTERPRETED AS WE CAN'T HAVE THEM IN COURT, THEY CAN'T HAVE US IN COURT,AND AS QUEEN SANCTIONED WEARING OF AWARDS AS PER LONDON GAZETTE,NO ONE IS BEING DISCOURTEOUS,I JUST LOVE IT WHEN A.B.C. SYNDROME COMES ROUND AND BITES BACK,HOWEVER THERE MUST BE SOME WAY OF REWARDING THE SUITS FOR THE HANDLING OF DUE PROCESS,COS WE ALL NOW KNOW,THAT PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF SYSTEM IS A LOAD OF BO**OCK*,AND FAILURE OF THAT MUST BE WITHIN A DISCIPLINARY SITUATION IF PROVEN COURSE THEY WILL HIDE NOW,I JUST HOPE THAT 'NO FURTHER COMMENT ',PROVES TO BE AS HOLLOW AS THEIR SECOND REJECTION. WHEN I WAS IN THE CRAP IN R.N. A FREQUENT OCCURENCE,AS MY SERVICE DOC'S STATE ,'THIS RATING HAS HAD A VERY VARIED AND CHEQUERED CAREER'.THE OLD MASTER AT ARMS ,WOULD SPOUT ,RANT N RAVE,WE KNOW EVERYTHING Exclamation IT WAS YOU Shocked Exclamation ,YOUR OPPO'S HAVE BEEN SINGING LIKE BIRDS Surprised .YEH WELL ALRIGHT,BUT RIGHT NOW I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHO THE CANARIES ARE,END OF SITREP FROM FWD BOILER ROOM ,AS ITS FORENOON WATCH,I 'VE GOT TO POLISH THE BRIGHTWORK Exclamation TA RAH

What marvellous news that was on your email today to learn that we can wear our PJM at any time.
Not that this was really an issue as I wear it on Parades any way, and will certainly be wearing it in Malaysia in August!! ('Laughing')

A very big thankyou from the heart goes out to all of you that have fought for this for us.

Last edited by Mrs L Brookes on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wearing of PJMvide LG 5057 of 03/05/68 
I have already framed the Citation and I'm going to frame this
and put it "next door" to remind me, firstly of the "Great Eight",
the reasearchers and "backroom staff", and of the other supporters.

Secondly, to remind me of those civil servants, especially the senior ones,
who in my view are a disgrace to their service, a poor role model for those
who join, and who treat the Civil Service Code as something to ignore as
they please!

Thirdly it "cocks a snook!"

There is no copyright on this, so if you want to - help yourself and download.

I hope I'm not "out of order",

Regards,

Post Re: Wearing of PJMvide LG 5057 of 03/05/68 
GLOman wrote:
There is no copyright on this, so if you want to ... I hope I'm not "out of order"

Hi David,

As one of our most stalwart supporters you, as much as anyone, can take great pride when wearing the PJM ... and also in your very own Citation!

I have to point out to the world at large that it is a private Citation and not from the Fight4thePJM itself.

But what the hell ... who's counting!

Thanks for all you have done for this campaign.

Barry

Post Rain on the parade ....... 
I sincerely hope you will forgive me for asking you all to watch and listen to this.
In the middle of our celebration, as we all know too well, many of our colleagues families went through this sort of thing.
Governments never seem to learn do they? I can't help wondering if anyone in Whitehall as seen it.

http://www.mediaplayer.telegraph.co.uk/?item=16D29B4F-4B52-44F4-BFAB-A0A82DA2160E

Tony

What a magnificent and moving speech by David Godfrey on the loss of his grandson killed in action in Iraq spoken from the heart.It just about sums up this so called government.Blair and his cronies ought to be made to listen to it.

Post How the five year myth came about 
As you know, Civil Serpents are a canny lot, who can count up to ten if they really have to and if there is a CBE, MBE, etc, in it for them.

The five year myth came about when a certain Civil Serpent, when questioned about the length of time which would be necessary to expedite certain matters, had one hand in his pocket, playing with something that we will not go into here, but miraculously, one hand was going spare.

Naturally, he counted the digits, which gave him the magic number 5. So we are left to contemplate the fluff in our navel, in the full knowledge, that at least one Civil Serpent can count up to five.

Hope that clears up the mystery ladies and gentlemen.

Yours numerically challenged

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1