Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
The London Gazette, 3rd May 1968. Permission to Wear?
Post The London Gazette, 3rd May 1968. Permission to Wear? 
Here is the London Gazette Notice of the 3rd May 1968 which clearly states that eligible recipients of a Foreign award that the Queen has approved for acceptance may wear their award at all times.

I thought I should draw this to the attention of the Government Departments and the HD Committee - they seem to have overlooked it.

They were not going to like what they were reading and so, with no little interest and my tin hat stuck firmly on my head, I awaited their response. Here it is ...

Last edited by BarryF on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mr Brennan's 'Interpretation' of the Gazette Notice 
Herewith Mr Brennan's response to the London Gazette Notice and my claim that it gives me permission to wear my PJM.

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs ... he doesn't agree with me!

But look closely at the only reason he can produce ... he has dredged up a defunct rule from 1969!

"Final" is an incautious word to use in these matters that touch on the lives of so many ordinary people.

Read on ...

Post Re: My response to Mr Brennan 
Mr Brennan had to resort to a defunct rule to justify his position. One wonders exactly what is at stake here.

Anyway, here is my response:

I have no doubt whatsoever that my claim will be disputed, but I am quite content with my understanding and, in the context of their track record of prejudiced myths and legend, there is little they can say or do now to persuade me otherwise.

I remain loyal to The Queen and will abide by her known decrees. Until the Gazette Notice is rescinded or amended by Her I shall wear my PJM with honour. I am not going to let a handful of civil servants dictate to me that I should do otherwise.

We have two major problems with Mr Brennan's recent defence of the indefensible:

1. No policing He suggests that we can break rules because those rules are not policed! What next ... you can go and commit a misdemeanour so long as there's not a policeman on the other side of the road. He is on very dangerous ground.

2. Pick n Mix from defunct regulations He suggests we can pick whatever regulations we like to impose our will on others (even when the defunct rule is not relevant) When trying to say the London Gazette Notice does not apply to PJMers, Mr Brennan invokes a 1969 regulation that Government Departments have stated has been replaced. More dodgy ground! So we can now pick n mix from regulations and laws whenever they were in force – and we can use irrelevant ones to confuse matters even more.

Our point about the London Gazette is that it remains in force until rescinded or amended by another Notice from The Queen. We have not yet seen such a Notice.

Post Have your say! 
If you wish to comment on these papers and posts relating to the London Gazette Notice, please go to http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10959#10959

Thank you.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1