Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
When Do We Demonstrate?
Post When Do We Demonstrate? 
I'm on for a meet in London outside either the MOD/Downing Street or the House of Crooks (oops I meant Parliament) to have a shout.

John

When the weathers a bit warmer!!!

Rgds Ray

Kuching.

MIKE OSTLER
RAF KUCHING

You can count me in for Hampshire....Carried out correctly it could be quite an interesting day.
Terry...

Post Re: When Do We Demonstrate? 
jireland wrote:
I'm on for a meet in London outside either the MOD/Downing Street or the House of Crooks (oops I meant Parliament) to have a shout.

The current position is that we have a London Gazette Notice that proclaims that medals such as the PJM can be worn by those eligible under the Notice.

If you consider yourself eligible, and I do, then you have won the battle. You can add the PJM to your medal bar and formally wear it and not cause a discourtesy to the Queen.

The suits may try and produce a piece of paper to say they have changed something or other in the secrecy of Honours in Confidence, but I am afraid they have already lost all credibility and so I am not about to take any notice of them.

But ... if the suits endeavour to produce anything in the public domain that purports to overrule the Queen's decree for medals in 1968 "and in the future" and thereby bring the Queen into this argument (something nobody should do), then people may well feel motivated to protest in that same public domain.

Barry

John

Let me hatsen to say before I make comment that I AM a Royalist and have great respect for Her Majesty, however, I can not believe she is unaware of the situation and therefore must agree with the HD Committee.

I have written to her some weeks ago asking if she is aware of the London Gazette article of 1968 and if so then would she confirm that it is still effective and that we DO have here blessing to wear our PJM's - I have as yet not had a reply !

If she does know of the London Gazette article, yet has NOT countered the findings of the HD Committee, then I for one can only assume she can not care too much for us. In that case I intend to shun all veterans events at which she, or any other Royal are in attendance.

I am sorry this action on my part is necessary, but feel that respect needs to be earned !

Fred

Let me hatsen to say before I make comment that I AM a Royalist and have great respect for Her Majesty, however, I can not believe she is unaware of the situation and therefore must agree with the HD Committee.

I understand what you are saying, Fred, but I still believe that the Queen has done her bit for us. She was asked to approve acceptanceShe did. She was never asked to comment on the contentious issue of 'wear'. The civil servants inserted that bit knowing it wouldn't go down well with her Majesty. In approving the PJM for acceptance, She was (in my opinion) approving the medal for wear by eligible private citizens on formal occasion by reason of the London Gazette Notice.

We are about to publish more material on this London Gazette issue and recommend readers hold fire on judgements until then. The civil servants have brought the Queen into this contentious argument but we do not propose exacerbating their discourtesy.

I doubt that the Queen has even seen our letters.

A batman named Robin will have seen to that, this is the same Robin that is on the HD Committee.

[quote="Paul Alders"]I doubt that the Queen has even seen our letters.

A batman named Robin will have seen to that, this is the same Robin that is on the HD Committee.[/quote]

IS THIS THE SAME DUDE .DESCRIBED AS AN OBSEQUIOUS TOAD ,BY ONE CONTRIBUTOR,AND BY OTHERS AS' SNOTTY JANVRIN' ON ACCOUNT OF BEING A ROYAL NAVY MIDSHIPMAN,WHO AFTER COPIOUS BOUTS OF BOOT LICKIN,BECAME A KNIGHT WITH A K-BLAH ETC ,ETC. Question OTHER THAN THAT A'INT GOT A CLUE WHO YOU ARE TALKIN' 'BOUT Embarassed HONEST.

Quick to the bat-cave.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1