Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pauline, our researcher, writes to me
Post Pauline, our researcher, writes to me 
We have spent considerable time at the National Archives (that's a royal 'we' ... I mean our researcher, Pauline) and we have received help from many people there – you’d be surprised at the depth of support your case attracts (and so would the civil servants and the HD Committee).

But our professional researcher Pauline is just about the best news we've had for a long time.

She helped me achieve a lifelong ambition - to find my granny! That has more meaning to it than anyone can imagine, both to me and to my family.

For many years Pauline has also helped me with a very special part of my work - the part that relates to writing about WWI. Next week I go to France and Belgium to begin the photographic and filming aspects of that work. Pauline's research has helped make that possible.

Yesterday, I asked her to send me the bill for her latest work so that I could settle it before going to France. In addition to the work described above, Pauline has spent many days at the National Archives searching for papers relating to the PJM case (she does not draw conclusions from what she unearths - any conclusions are mine or those of my colleagues in the Fight4thePJM Team. And I am responsible for them, for good or ill).

Anyway, here is Pauline's response in so far as it relates to the PJM work:

It is my wish to undertake the FCO medals work absolutely free of charge. To know that I may be helping to find documents to support the veterans’ campaign to wear the PJM is payment enough.

Nothing more to be said.

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Nothing more to be said Barry" Maybe a big bunch of flowers with all our thanks?
I would willingly contribute.

Post Pauline 
Barry,

Please pass my humble thanks to Pauline
for a wonderful gesture.

Regards

David

Post Pauline 
She has to be made an honourary member Barry (in my humble opinion), that is if you have not done so already. Please convey my tremendous gratitude for her critical work and achievement.

John

Kuching.
Barry wrote;
Nothing more to be said.

One can only hope Barry, that Pauline will be likely to read this Forum so that she may understand just how very much her skilled involvement in research means to the many veterans represented by this and other Associations.

For her to voluntarily provide such professional assistance to us is truly humbling....and the results of her labours on our behalf have already borne fruit.

With generous friends like Pauline, brothers...How can we fail??

Incidentally: count me in for a slice of Smudgers suggestion...let me know when and how much?

Thank you so much, it is really heart warming to know there are so many about ready to give their services for free and the support we are given is second to none. It is a great shame that those who have the power to change their minds are so blinkered that there never will be light at the end of their tunnel.

I'm lost for words and for a Brummie to say that is unheard of.
Pauline Many Many thanks.

Post Pauline. 
What a wonderful and generous lady. Thank you Pauline and if you are ever going to Malaysia let me know. Big bunch of flowers with our sincere thanks is a must. Andy.

Post Pauline 
I cannot find words to thank you enough, to me you are an angel in disguise

Thank you very much Pauline. You may never realise just what your actions mean to all of the Malay/ Borneo Vets.
Thank You so Much

Roger Spencer

PAULINE OH PAULINE,YOU ARE OUR LITTLE PET,REGARDED WITH ADMIRATION BY ALL CALLING THEMSELVES A VET Exclamation I DON'T READ OLD PAPERS MUCH,BUT GLAD YOU DO,SPECIALLY THE LONDON GAZETTE. : Wink

Pauline I wish to thank you for all your work,your comments brought a lump to my throat,with your support I know we shall win......Sincerely Rob Morris Very Happy Very Happy

Pauline,if you do read this forum may I thank you sincerely for your generous gesture.To give your professional time for free for us old vets. is beyond the call of duty.We are truly grateful.

Rgds Ray

Many thanks.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next