Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
An announcement
Post An announcement 
We could almost run this as the next competition as to what date the announcement from the HDC/FCO will be..............

...............any takers?

SOON and SHORTLY is not an option!

Well first you have to take into account the Civil Service Calendar which as you may have already guessed is different to the one the rest of us use.
When you understand the twenty working day rule then you might begin to understand the CS Calendar.
Then there is that other rule that the CS employ, achieving targets.
The CS does not have to achieve targets they just have to be seen as working towards them.
Now you may have notice that the word “working” appears in both rules, do not be fooled by this, it is just put in to confuse the issue.
Then there is the TEA BREAK now this dates back to 1850 and is why ever member of the Service bows as they walk pass the Cutty Sark.
Tea Breaks have been known to go on for days but never ever do they run into the weekend.
Now when on the 17th Oct 06 you are informed an answer will be forthcoming by the end of November and it is now March 7th 2007 you begin to realize how a CS mind works.
Now if you can understand what I’ve just written “then you are a better man than I Bung-it-in”.
Answer 16th March or there about’s, possibly.

As a 50th anniversary gift celebrating Malaysia independence Her Majesty The Queen has decided to lift the ban on wearing the PJM medal for remembrance day parade 2007. This is a most generous offer by the Sovereign, however on 1 January 2008 the non- wearing of the PJM medal will be imposed again and UK citizens awarded the PJM medal must be obedient to the FCO five year and doublemedaling regulations included in paragraph three of the Ministerial Statement 31 January 2006.

31 August 2007

As a 50th anniversary gift celebrating Malaysia independence Her Majesty The Queen has decided to lift the ban on wearing the PJM medal for remembrance day parade 2007. This is a most generous offer by the Sovereign, however on 1 January 2008 the non- wearing of the PJM medal will be imposed again and UK citizens awarded the PJM medal must be obedient to the FCO five year and doublemedaling regulations included in paragraph three of the Ministerial Statement 31 January 2006.

Best not give them any ideas, aye!

Rolling Eyes

Post What date then? 
Idea If my theory is right, see fight4thepjm - HMDocument post
05 March 2007 6.32, then I can't be more specific than Middle
to end of September, or to the outcome of their decision.

However I'll risk it, Wed. 10 October 2007 and YES!

Why not St.George's Day 23rd April 2007. Suitable from one lot of 'patriots' to another.

MIKE O.

I think an announcement will be made at 09:00 hrs Zulu, on November 11th 2007. This will be a YES, and will give all those who haven't already done so, plenty of time to rush round to the local "Medal Mounter" and have their PJM ready for wear at 2 minutes to 11:00 hrs gmt. Keep it going troops. Dave!

[quote="ostler1"]Why not St.George's Day 23rd April 2007. Suitable from one lot of 'patriots' to another.

MIKE O.[/quote]
SORRY MIKE IS ST GEORGES DAY STILL ALLOWED,OR IS IT A GRAVE DISCOURTESY,TO SENSITIVE ETHNICS. Question TO BE A PATRIOT Question

The KOSB celebrate the Battle of Minden on the 1st of August so I'll go for that date...

WELL THE 'ANNOUNCEMENT' WE HAVE HAD A FEW ALREADY,WE HAVE THE UNFULFILLED END OF NOV 2006 ANNOUNCEMENT,THEN THERE HAS BEEN THE 'SOON 'ANNOUNCEMENT,AND THE 'SHORTLY' ANNOUNCEMENT,THIS CONTINUAL DELAY WAS DUE IN NO SMALL PART TO THE LACK OF PROPER CLOTHING,HOWEVER THERE WAS AN AUCTION OF OBI WAN KENOBI'S CLOAK,AS WORN BY SIR GUINNESS IN 'STAR WARS ',THIS WAS SOLD TO AN 'ANONYMOUS'BIDDER ,HAVING RESURFACED AFTER 30YRS Exclamation ONLY LAST WEEK, FOR £54,000. ITS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE,I MEAN WHO ELSE BUT THE MOD WOULD PAY THAT FOR A RATTY OLD CLOAK THAT MAKES YOU DISAPPEAR AFTER SKIMPING ON BODY ARMOUR,THIS WAS THEN COMMUNICATED BY NORMAL MEANS( WE HAVE HAD THAT B4 TROOPS AIN'T WE ) TO THE HONOURS AND DECORATORS,WHO HAVE THOUGHT THAT AS SNOTTY 'KIN JANVRIN IS DOING US ALL A FAVOUR,BY RETIRING IN SEPT ,IT WOULD BE A GREAT LEAVING PRESSY,I MEAN THEY WRAP THE TOAD UP IN IT ,POOF Exclamation ( I'VE HEARD RUMOURS),HE 'S GONE NEVER TO BLIGHT OUR LIVES AGAIN, OF COURSE WHAT I CAN'T DIAL IN ,IS HOW LONG THE REFURB WILL COST, YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE ,OUT TO TENDER,DEAREST ONE GETS THE CONTRACT AFTER A BUNG ,THE COM'TEE FALL OUT OVER SPEC,THEN THERE'S THE INEVITABLE CUT BACK,COST ESCALATE THE CLOAK STARTS FALLING APART AT THE SEAMS,AFTER BIFFO TRIES IT ON,THEN OF COURSE YOU'LL GET THIS FROM 'SNOTTY' " YOU CAN'T SEND A KNIGHT OUT IN THIS IF ITS NOT FIT FOR A QUEEN" MY GUESS IS NEAR OR AFTER INDEPENDANCE DAY ,DEPENDING WHETHER THEY INTEND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY TO THE KING AND PEOPLE'S OF MALAYSIA,OR EMBRACE THE THANKS OF A GRATEFUL NATION IN ITS UNCONDITIONAL AWARD OF THE PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA.WOTS YOUR MONEY ON Question

Post Procrastination? 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post THAT ANNOUNCEMENT 
May I have two more entries in the Announcement Date Contest ?

Either 1st April 2007 - All FOOLS Day !

or 5th April 2007 - End of TAX(ing) Year.

MIKE O.
Ex RAF Borneo

Answer 16th March or there about’s, possibly.

You were 3 days out Paul, you haven't got some inside informants have you?? Shocked

I was Spot ON.
I said;
"16th March or there abouts,possibly."

That is what comes in dealing with Civil Servants, as they say in the USA "CYA".
Cover Your Arse.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1