Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Military 'betrayed wounded soldiers'
Post Military 'betrayed wounded soldiers' 
See the following in the Daily Telegraph and Guardian:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/11/nsoldiers111.xml

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2031200,00.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=441603&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

The Surgeon General and HMG should be held responsible for the appalling treatment of wounded soldiers. Why have the Army not used QARANC nurses to bolster the support given by civilian nurses.?

Hamish

Post MoD Civil Serpents 
The civil serpents of the MoD responsible for this disgraceful debacle, should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Mongrels.

COME BACK 'OLE BEAKY' AND FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE.THE MILITARY COVENANT IS NO MORE,OUR TROOPS NEED A HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER,ANYONE KNOW OF ONE WHO DOES A BIT OF PRO BONO?

Post Re: Military 'betrayed wounded soldiers' 
hamishw wrote:
See the following in the Daily Telegraph and Guardian:

Words fail me, Hamish.

I hold the media partly to blame. For years informed people have been trying to tell the world about the machinations, duplicity and downright disloyalty of the MoD and this Government but the media only report now - when men and women are suffering unnecessarily.

When Michael Ancram wrote an important paper on the state of British Defences and, by extension, leadership in HMG and the MoD, the papaers did not even bother to rpint it saying it was not news worthy enough!

Civil servants can rightly claim that they rule the country, but they only do that with the blessing of the Media.

If The Sun said to Blurr "Fix it or we won't support you at the next election", then I bet changes would be implemented forthwith.

Barry

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Save-Haslar/ Across the harbour from me in Gosport is the last Military Hospital The Royal Hospital Haslar.It is being run down.They will probably do something really original with it and turn it into flats that no one but the well off can afford.It is/was a fantastic place to go for treatment I went there recently with my father he is an 82 year old RN Veteran he was treated with respect and dignity by the Military medical personnel (There's not many of those left there now) It is criminal to shunt our wounded young Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen into the NHS system who can't even cope with the civilian population let alone wounded military personnel.Servicemen/women who our puting their lives on the line deserve to be looked after by Service Medics in a Service enviroment who understand what they are suffering.If you feel strongly about this please click on the link above and sign the save Haslar petition Sad

Post RN Hosp Haslar Petition 
Cool DONE!

Post Wounded soldiers 
The fact that one wounded soldier complained, regarding medical treatment at Selly Oak, appears to me that care, varies between palliative to nearly full recovery. What perhaps escapes most doctors in mainstream medical institutions, is, that the psychological effects of warfare are more dangerous.

A wound will heal, given enough time, but the old brainbox, has two ways of dealing with trauma. Firstly, and if you are lucky, the mind will completely supress the memory. It will then become a repressed memory. Secondly, if you are not that lucky, it will be total recall.

Either way, you have stored up serious trouble for the future. I have had a number of private messages from our members, who have recounted some very nasty and unpleasant situations that they were involved in. Professional ethics forbids me from putting a name to a situation, but, at this juncture, I have said, that you can deal with it professionally, or live with it. The choice must invariably be yours.

At the behest of Hamish, I am writing a letter to the Daily Telegraph, highlighting the problems of letting non military members of the medical profession, treat serving members of the military. It is fraught with insurmountable problems, which I will address in my letter. A copy of which will be posted on this website.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1