Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Submissons, Ours to HMG et al Re: PJM - Letters to the Queen
Post Submissons, Ours to HMG et al Re: PJM - Letters to the Queen 
This will be posted tomorrow, promise!

Her Majesty the Queen,
Buckingham Palace
London, SW1A 1AA

Your Majesty,

I had the privilege of being presented with Pingat Jasa Malaysia, the Malaysia Service
Medal, by a senior army officer, attached to the Malaysian High Commission, on behalf
of the King of Malaysia. I accepted it with pride, and sadness that I would be unable to wear to it. Although Your Majesty had graciously approved of the acceptance of this medal, your advisers had recommended that formal permission would not be granted for it to be officially worn. I personally believe that the rules are based on rules which in fact are irrelevant to the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. When questioned by the media, radio or newspapers to which I listen or read, the spokesperson, from whichever department, on most occasions states that the rules will not be policed; they (the veterans) are civilians and may please themselves, or that they should not be worn because it would be “a grave discourtesy to the Queen”, that latter being a quote from the MOD directive (MoD DIN 10-002 of Jan 2006). The point I wish to make is that those officials who state that the rules will not be policed or that the onus is placed upon veterans to make their own decision, in my view are inciting disobedience resulting in “a grave discourtesy to the Queen”! Many Years ago, indeed twice, on enlistment and re-enlistment, I swore an Oath of Allegiance to Your Majesty from which I have never veered. Consequently, whilst it may be discourteous to the Agong of Malaysia, I will not wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia until such time as I have Your Majesty’s permission to wear it.

What has caused me great distress and anger is The Veterans Agency website. I attach a copy of the web page concerned, in which we (veterans per se) are described as disaffected (disloyal); suggests that we are envious of those current soldiers who in addition to British medals are also entitled to those of NATO and the UN, which is outrageous, and fundamentally, in retirement, have nothing better to do with our time than to seek whatever medals are going and causing trouble for the senior civil servants in the various departments, which is equally outrageous.

I would be most grateful if Your Majesty could use your good offices to enable myself to “officially wear” the Pingat Jasa Malaysia thereby avoiding discourtesy to your self or the Agon of Malaysia.

Madam,
I have the honour to remain Your Majesty’s
humble and obedient servant,

Ernest David Dilley

Fantastic letter David, I hope HM gets to read it before going to Sir Peter Ricketts or other minions within the Establishment

Post Re: Submissons, Ours to HMG et al Re: PJM - Letters to the Q 
GLOman wrote:
This will be posted tomorrow, promise!

Brilliant letter, David.

Barry

Post Letter to the Queen 
I received this letter from the Palace today. There was no reply to the first part of my letter
which was a plea to HM to allow me to wear the PJM. The actual letter I got reads:

"The Defence Services Secretary is Commanded
by Her Majesty The Queen to acknowledge the
receipt of Mr Dilley's letter which has been referred
to the Ministry of Defence" dated 9th February 2007

This refers to the second paragraph...."What has caused me great distress and anger.".......
re New medals for past service of the letter, to which I attached a downloaded page
of the VSAs website in (full colour) concerning the now removed item. I await the reply from DS Sec.
So far three apolgies have been recieved from three managers of different VA Depts
who have accepted responsibility for the inclusion in their website, one after consultation
with the Head of DS Sec. Now then, a) will it be referred back to VA, b) will DS Sec refer
to the apologies already made, or c) will DS Sec come out into the open?

to be continued......

David

You will be so confused when the end result is known that you will have received an answer to a question you did not ask, you cannot believe these people are picking up decent wages and pensions can you, the mind boggles! Confused

Oh no it doesn't John. It is only what one can expect from them. What will make the mind boggle, is that they will allow us unrestricted wear of our PJM's. Civil Servants admitting that they were wrong and making amends, fair makes your head spin.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Hang on a minute! The little letter I got was the same as two others I've
seen elsewhere to day. I think Arthur R-S is right -I've been conned!
I've got a copy "in my pictures" but I don't no how to get it in my post.

Hang on a minute! The little letter I got was the same as two others I've
seen elsewhere to day. I think Arthur R-S is right -I've been conned!
I've got a copy "in my pictures" but I don't no how to get it in my post.

David

When you post a reply you should see a green underlined message ADD IMAGE TO POST immediately underneath the message (outside the writing message box) if you click on to that and 'lift' your image from 'my pictures' Wal-lah, go for it.......

Post Letters to HM 
JohnC. I've cracked it!

Post Another letter to Mr Coney... 
Our mate 'Fred' Steel has just penned the following to Mr Coney....and it looks like Her Majesty may be hearing from him soon too....this posted at Fred's request
===========================================================

Dear Mr Coney,

I was appalled to read the amount of 'Double Talk' contained in a letter from yourself which has been posted on the fight4thepjm website (An extract of which is copied below)

"To say that The Queen has not "refused" permission to wear the PJM, but has not "granted" permission that it may be worn, then go on to say that "One is expected to presume that if permission has not been granted for the medal to be worn, it may not" beggars all belief. I have been taught to believe that one must NEVER "presume", as it often leads to the wrong conclusion and get one into trouble."

You also say "Under the British Honours System, people may wear foreign awards when given permission to do so.", you neglect to say by whom, but I suspect from the content of your letter you mean Her Majesty.

It is therefore my intention to write to her, pointing out the constant 'run-around we have been given in our attempt to gain Official Approval for us to be allowed to wear the PJM, the Government tell us it is not them but the FCO, the FCO say it is the HD Committee, the HD Committee say it is Her Majesty, Her Majesty passes all letters seeking that approval back to Ms Beckett, who in turn hands it back to the FCO, etc, etc, and ask her directly for a "Yes" or "No"

What a despicable way to treat the Armed Forces Veterans, you can fight, or maybe die, for your country on behalf of another, you may even be awarded a medal for your sacrifice, but you will not be allowed to wear it with pride !

Regards,

F J Steele

Post Re: Another letter to Mr Coney... 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
Our mate 'Fred' Steel has just penned the following to Mr Coney....and it looks like Her Majesty may be hearing from him soon too....this posted at Fred's request

A man of steel - a brilliant letter!

It sums up an issue raised in our very first Rebuttal ... who the devil is responsible for what ... and who is hiding behind whom?!?

Great stuff.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1